No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

porky45

did you keep the existing rubber in place or remove it?

JonKerr

Elite Member

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

how do the fit, and were they easy to put on? Also how is the visibility?
Visibility is poor compared to the stocks. I don't think any aftermarket mirrors will offer the same visibility but it's a matter of trading looks for functionality. I won't ever go back to stocks though, with a glance in the mirror and a head check I get by. As for installation they are really easy. You have to take off the plastics that are under the grips and the piece that's around the gauges to get to the mirror bolts but it's really easy. They fit right up too. The bolts in the Trojans have some play in them since they're universal so they fit good. Only recommendation is cutting the rubber piece that's on the bottom of the stock's boot or find some other piece of rubber to put between the mirror and the fairing to cut down on vibration.

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Oh and speaking or rubber boot, when you adjust the Trojans so that you can actually get visibility behind you you'll notice that the boot gets really stretched out and looks kind of weird and doesn't cover the whole thing properly. That's my only complaint.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

bikerMommy

I got rid of my good ole rabbit ears today and replaced them with bar end mirrors. It was more of a functionality thing, having mirrors on the end of the handle bars gives me better backward visibility than the stock mirrors. The ones I purchased didn't fit tho, and I had to make custom spacers and keep the stock bar ends to make them work. I think they look good. I put smoke colored mirror block off plate signals where the stock mirrors used to be, and now my blinkers are visible to oncoming traffic again.

Attachments

Roaddawg

I got rid of my good ole rabbit ears today and replaced them with bar end mirrors. It was more of a functionality thing, having mirrors on the end of the handle bars gives me better backward visibility than the stock mirrors. The ones I purchased didn't fit tho, and I had to make custom spacers and keep the stock bar ends to make them work. I think they look good. I put smoke colored mirror block off plate signals where the stock mirrors used to be, and now my blinkers are visible to oncoming traffic again.
Looks good. Haven't seen that setup yet for our bikes. I like the blinker idea for the mirror blocks.

JonKerr

Elite Member

O-turn

Partier
Just bought my R6s mirrors! Cant wait for install!

hattrickhero

Thanks for the pics of your bike with tinted windscreen. It helped me make my decision to go with that. Looks better than I thought.

O-turn

Partier
Thanks for the pics of your bike with tinted windscreen. It helped me make my decision to go with that. Looks better than I thought.
I just painted mine flat black on the inside, looks awesome on the outside and makes the bike look clean. Thought of doing that?