No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

Man I Just Got these and already took them off! They are really cool looking but they are absolute lightweight cheap junk. The mirrors move when doing more than 60 or 70 mph. They don't give enough rear and side lane vision. The rotating adjustment joint has barely any range of motion. The install was easy but I felt like I was going to crack them the whole install. I should have known when I pulled them out of the box and they were all scratched and cheap lite plastic that they weren't for me.

Just my 50 cents...

Yeah, that post was from way over a year ago. Those that installed them back then came to the conclusion about page 3 or 4 of this thread that they sucked. Too bad you didn't read the reviews here before you wasted money on those mirrors. There's quite a few other mirror threads on this forum, so make sure you look them up before you buy another set....someone may have tried them already and it might save you some frustrations. :thumbup:

Anyone found good replacement mirrors?

Has anyone found a set of good replacement mirrors yet, the bike is in its 3rd year, you might think someone would have come up with a good set that really works.

Got these Roaring toyz mirrors last week and put them on yesterday. No more wabbit ears. Visibility is not bad at all, but objects do appear smaller than what they are. They also have more vibration than the stock ones at lower refs. Nothing too bad though.
b95ac49f.jpg

f76bf4c5.jpg

c4987718.jpg

Last edited:
i know this may be a little off topic but has anyone thought about or maybe even tried mounting some r6 or r6s mirrors onto there windscreen. i've installed r6s mirrors on my bike but i'm still not completely satisfied with the looks. just looking for some input from some other fz6r riders.

i know this may be a little off topic but has anyone thought about or maybe even tried mounting some r6 or r6s mirrors onto there windscreen. i've installed r6s mirrors on my bike but i'm still not completely satisfied with the looks. just looking for some input from some other fz6r riders.
If you put any kind of bolt on mirrors on your windscreen there will be no stability since the mirrors are not being screwed onto or into anything rigid enough to brace them. The amount of vibration that will occur from your bike and wind current will make it impossible to see anything. I've tried it on previous bikes. Good for looks but not for safety.

thats kinda what i was thinking :mad: i was just looking to get some input b4 i started drilling holes in my windscreen. but i bet it would look sweet and probly if installed right you would have better visibility if there was just a way to make them stable :confused:

Ok guys, this is a question for all of you with Bar-ends. How much do they vibrate at speed from in town to blazing down the interstate. Or do they wiggle around in their little socket things at all at higher speeds. I'm thinking about getting a pair that I can put on with my Yamaha FZ6R Barends and wondering what everyones choices were for blockoffs, custom made, signals, tried zx6r plates?

I've read through some of the threads and have seen a few here and there, but there is only one pair on ebay that i can find here -----> Moto-Deluxe Barend mirrors that I can find atm anywhere.

Thanks for the replies everyone, just tired of the stock mirrors finally but still want functionality

List of all People Tell me:

Lauries: CNC Bar End Mirrors
Photo on bike: Post 146

Last edited:
not to be a booger or anything, but they did design them specifically on our bikes this way for a reason, not to be buggy, but to function in the upright AND the tucked position :eek: lol...just sayin sage :p I say you should keep your stockers and get bar ends too! thatd look BA?

Ok im done being a wise guy :thumbup: haha! But no bro I hope you find a good set that does what your lookin for! Ill keep my eyes open as Im always looking for product to ride in or add to our bikes! ;)

Yea, I didn't mind them until the past few weeks, and I've been looking at a few bikes online for the hell of it and bar-ends just look good on ours after i took a look at some of the pics on the forum, and i think they would still function pretty well since they would be past our elbows correct? Idk, just finding more ways to spend money on it haha

Idk, just finding more ways to spend money on it haha

This is beside the point but if you ever want to, ill let you spend some on mine if you ever feel the need? :rolleyes:

lol I agree it gives it a cafe racer touch IMO kinda neat!

Yea, I didn't mind them until the past few weeks, and I've been looking at a few bikes online for the hell of it and bar-ends just look good on ours after i took a look at some of the pics on the forum, and i think they would still function pretty well since they would be past our elbows correct? Idk, just finding more ways to spend money on it haha

I have that problem I have to move my elbow out of the way to see behind me. With our stock mirrors.

do you have any pictures for sage?

Last edited:

i also have a problem with my stockies..i gotta move my elbow to see out the left one, but if I moved it i'd loose a whole lane and a half. I mean i look before i move over, but for glances id like to not have to move my elbow, lol

Back