New rider needs help

Sport Bike Girl

I have a friend in Hawthorne NJ who just got her license. She is looking for a Suzuki Boulevard s40. Is there anyone who lives relatively close to her that would be willing to help her with either finding a bike or to ride with her when she gets her bike so she can get some experience?

latony007

I have a friend in Hawthorne NJ who just got her license. She is looking for a Suzuki Boulevard s40. Is there anyone who lives relatively close to her that would be willing to help her with either finding a bike or to ride with her when she gets her bike so she can get some experience?
Im too far to help but i had one, good starter bike. It has some known backfiring issues but was nice and light and easy to handle. After about 6 months i sold it and moved up to the C50 which is a lot heavier and harder to handle but better for 2 up and long cruises.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

JakeBenz

Careful with posting her personal info on public forums like this. I'd suggest you take down that post and only share it over private messages.

latony007

i dont want to contradict but i would not go with the rebel 250 cant even hit highway speed and i think the next one up in the line is a lot bigger than the S40, nice thing about the S40 is its 600 cc but single cylinder so lighter and less maintenance or issues. I really like my C50 i probably should have kept it but traded it for a spyder because i only used it for 2 up riding and the spyder is so much safer to take my wife or kid on rides. But when im on my own its FZ6R all the way :)

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

latony007

X2 on What Jake Said...we are not the problem...but the spammers and bots out on the net fishing for info will be a problem...
id be more worried about a bunch of guys trying to call for a date or breathing heavy or something lol

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

jammer

I agree with the cautious approach. That being said my 6R is my first bike, but at 36 I am mature enough (sometimes) to handle it.

Sport Bike Girl

I live in SC, but if she's considering the S40, she might also consider the Honda Rebel line. They are a lot more common, pretty much bullet-proof, and passed around endlessly as starter bikes, so you can often find one on the cheap.

Yes she did consider the Rebel and she learned on both bikes. I encouraged her away from the rebel since she is just as comfortable on the s40
I of course tried to encourage her over to the fz6r but she's never ridden one and is a bit Leary of sport bikes.
Thanks for the advice and suggestions everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anson650

Sporbikegirl,
1. A phone number is still listed in a post on page 1.
2. I just went on the North Jersey Craigslist and found four listings for a C40. All low milage or brand new. It is a good beginners bike, low and slow.
I'm too far upstate ny to help.
Good luck,
Anson

MattEnTheHat

I agree with the cautious approach. That being said my 6R is my first bike, but at 36 I am mature enough (sometimes) to handle it.
I think it just depends what type of person you are. If you understand the fact that you start with absolutely no skill or talent, and that the bike won't hesitate to kill you if you don't respect it, the 6r can be a great first bike (it was mine, and I think it was perfect for me). On the other hand if you're the type of person that thinks they can handle anything, or who does not respect the very real danger of riding, a 600 is probably not a wise choice.

buzzbomb

Elite Member