Need Help New rider from 155 cc to 600cc

PrlM

I am a woman late 40s. I am coming from overseas, coming with 3 years experience defensive driving from riding in South East Asia. I bought 155c here and it was stolen..SMax ..but only reached 85-90 mph at 9,000 rpm freeway riding often, a lot! Not good.

So in my whim to buy a better bike.....I bought this FZ6R. I'm a bit stuck....learning the clutch....but my right turns suck! Working on the Apex execution of right turns from a complete stop.....I'm use to 328lbs curb weight....this bike is about 120lbs heavier.....so I dropped it a few times.....tip over....my foot pegs and clutch are having to be replaced.

I have sliders.....but are there rails or crash bars that protect my FZ6R from those parts? It is getting expensive. Need links to buy rails or crash bars.

Glad to be in this forum.

Thank You.

Matt3000

Hello, I don't think there is much more than those shogun type frame sliders. Take it easy, get used to the bike and good luck!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Fabes_movin

To get better at riding take a MSF safety course. It's always good to get professional help and it would only take a weekend of your time

Jason M

Welcome aboard! I am a new FZ6r rider too, moving up from 250cc. I am not sure about the about crash rails for the Fizzer. What parts are getting damaged? Could you just leave the old plastics on for a while?

DannyByrd

I am a woman late 40s. I am coming from overseas, coming with 3 years experience defensive driving from riding in South East Asia. I bought 155c here and it was stolen..SMax ..but only reached 85-90 mph at 9,000 rpm freeway riding often, a lot! Not good.

So in my whim to buy a better bike.....I bought this FZ6R. I'm a bit stuck....learning the clutch....but my right turns suck! Working on the Apex execution of right turns from a complete stop.....I'm use to 328lbs curb weight....this bike is about 120lbs heavier.....so I dropped it a few times.....tip over....my foot pegs and clutch are having to be replaced.

I have sliders.....but are there rails or crash bars that protect my FZ6R from those parts? It is getting expensive. Need links to buy rails or crash bars.

Glad to be in this forum.

Thank You.
Sorry to hear your 155cc was stolen, it sounds great to you have a new one FZ6R, Best of luck:)