New Puig Touring Windshield! (with pics)

Roaddawg

woohoo! Hope you like yours as much as I like mine. It was definitely worth the wait for me.
I'm glad to hear you still like it. I'm 6'3", so I'm hoping the airflow is smooth and not buffeting my helmet like crazy. I'm not expecting it to go over me, but just take some of the freeway blast off me. I have the Yamaha clear DB right now, and the airflow is smoothed out, but hits me right in the upper chest. I'll post up some pics when I get it on too.

Roaddawg

Yeah! It came in. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll take a test ride, post pics, and give my review of it. It's quite a bit taller and wider than the Yamaha DB.

EDIT: Couldn't wait for tomorrow mount it. Looks pretty good on there. Still sporty. Here's the pics. Test ride to follow.

The last three pics are the Yamaha clear double bubble and then the OEM windscreen.

Attachments

Last edited:

littlepinecone

Looks great! And that was a great idea to post the pics of the two windshields together. Hopefully that will be helpful for anyone else trying to make the decision.

I'm curious to hear how it turns out working for you at 6'3'', let us know!

Roaddawg

Took it for a test run today. It works great. Doesn't push the air over my helmet, but hits me right about mid visor...but the airflow is super smooth (and that was tested at 80+ mph). I had to move my hand up to tell where the airflow was hitting me at, because it wasn't turbulent on my helmet at all. And, I didn't really notice any airflow hitting me until above 50 mph or so. The other nice part is that the air wasn't going up underneath my helmet, blowing that cold air to my face like it did before, when it was hitting me in the chest. It made a nice pocket of dead air in front of me. Also, because it's wider, it blows the air around me, to the sides, as well. It felt a little weird not having the wind blowing on me as much...but I liked it. It was also quieter than before (not quiet, but less than before), although I still would wear my ear plugs when on long jaunts down the freeway. I did have to remove my hand guards because they would hit the screen at full locks, which is fine since I'm not riding in the colder temps as much any more.

I also think that the screen looks more proportional to the bike, especially the stock mirrors. Makes those long stocks look more in place now. And, the angles on the screen go along with the angles on the fairings. I like the way it looks. It doesn't feel big at all. Even from the cockpit view, its nice and feels right. (And, you can fully tuck behind it for zero wind or buffeting!)

On a scale from 1-10......I give it a 9.8! Not completely perfect, but pretty damn close. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Roaddawg

RD, am I correct in assuming you don't look through the windshield? It's not in your line of sight?
Not even close to in the line of sight. Its a good foot or more below my sight level. And, I'm 6'3 with the seat raised to the up position. It would look real good on your bike with the side cases you have. Would round out the "touring" package.

And, I posted pics...so, you know I actually own one! :D

MustGoFaster

Took it for a test run today. It works great. Doesn't push the air over my helmet, but hits me right about mid visor...but the airflow is super smooth (and that was tested at 80+ mph). I had to move my hand up to tell where the airflow was hitting me at, because it wasn't turbulent on my helmet at all. And, I didn't really notice any airflow hitting me until above 50 mph or so. The other nice part is that the air wasn't going up underneath my helmet, blowing that cold air to my face like it did before, when it was hitting me in the chest. It made a nice pocket of dead air in front of me. Also, because it's wider, it blows the air around me, to the sides, as well. It felt a little weird not having the wind blowing on me as much...but I liked it. It was also quieter than before (not quiet, but less than before), although I still would wear my ear plugs when on long jaunts down the freeway. I did have to remove my hand guards because they would hit the screen at full locks, which is fine since I'm not riding in the colder temps as much any more.

I also think that the screen looks more proportional to the bike, especially the stock mirrors. Makes those long stocks look more in place now. And, the angles on the screen go along with the angles on the fairings. I like the way it looks. It doesn't feel big at all. Even from the cockpit view, its nice and feels right. (And, you can fully tuck behind it for zero wind or buffeting!)

On a scale from 1-10......I give it a 9.8! Not completely perfect, but pretty damn close. :thumbup:
Thanks for the review, suh! Being 6'1, I plan on investing in one of these very soon.

Superzoom

Not even close to in the line of sight. Its a good foot or more below my sight level. And, I'm 6'3 with the seat raised to the up position. It would look real good on your bike with the side cases you have. Would round out the "touring" package.

And, I posted pics...so, you know I actually own one! :D
Thanks for the info!

If you could, I would really appreciate a long term report in a couple of weeks on the windscreen. My personal experience is that you can't judge a windscreen from a single ride, since every ride is affected by a combination of speed, wind, traffic, weather, what you're wearing, etc. I'm really interested in your screen.

I know some days on the highway, I think my double bubble is peachy. And then another day, it feels like I'm in the ring with Mike Tyson.

Roaddawg

Thanks for the info!

If you could, I would really appreciate a long term report in a couple of weeks on the windscreen. My personal experience is that you can't judge a windscreen from a single ride, since every ride is affected by a combination of speed, wind, traffic, weather, what you're wearing, etc. I'm really interested in your screen.

I know some days on the highway, I think my double bubble is peachy. And then another day, it feels like I'm in the ring with Mike Tyson.
I hear ya. Will do. Have to get over the "something new" excitement.

Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

Just to interject, have had the Puig TS for several months and it only gets better.

BKP

Quick question for those of you that have made the move to the Puig TS...

I do quite a bit of "around town* riding, as well as highway riding...
As an example, I'm looking at a few investment properties, so I was running from one site to another yesterday. It was about 85F out (I'm in Atlanta), and I do ride ATGATT. But, even with a Dianese mesh jacket, which practically disappears on you, I was dripping after the first few stops... The one bit of relief was starting up again, and having the wind hit me (those "Heat Out" shirts from Cycle Gear are a Godsend!)

So, question is (yeah, I was getting around to it), do you miss that nice breeze hitting you, in the hot weather?

littlepinecone

I still get some breeze, its just not the deafening, neck-breaking torrent that it used to be. I ride ATGATT, as well, but there is still enough of a breeze to keep me cool. There's still a definite difference (wind-wise) between sitting still and moving, even during around-town riding. This windshield doesn't *completely* eliminate the wind, just reduces it to a non-deafening, non-buffeting level. At least, that's my experience with it.

Y

yellowfz

+1 what littlepinecone said.
Still get air flow enough to cool you.

WKD

I'll throw my two cents in and concur. In fact I was noticing the other day when I was out that the breeze seems to be a little more consistent like having the window open on the car, but I was shocked :wtfgun: at how much heat gets blown up at you when stopped and that fan is working overtime. Not as hot as my Harley friends get, so I guess that's a blessing.

Roaddawg

I still get some breeze, its just not the deafening, neck-breaking torrent that it used to be. I ride ATGATT, as well, but there is still enough of a breeze to keep me cool. There's still a definite difference (wind-wise) between sitting still and moving, even during around-town riding. This windshield doesn't *completely* eliminate the wind, just reduces it to a non-deafening, non-buffeting level. At least, that's my experience with it.
+1 what littlepinecone said.
Still get air flow enough to cool you.
+2 to these ones^^^

dmkun

I can't find the clear puig touring screen anywhere online for the 2012 model. I think I have to contact one of the distributors directly, does anyone know of a website that has it in stock?