New member in Cali

lizardsbba

Hey guys wanted to introduce myself, just picked my 13 FZ6R yesterday. She's a beauty, 3300 miles in pearl white and got her out the door for $5350. Thought I was getting a pretty good deal, once I got to the dealer I found out it already had a corbin seat, gear indicator, windscreen and what looks like a puig chain guard. I'm a new rider, this is my first bike but I've been riding atv's and dirt bikes for years. My MSF course starts on wednesday, kinda hard to not ride it in the meantime but my frame sliders aren't here yet either. Oh and she matches my Raptor pretty nicely too :p

So after looking over the bike a bit more I've managed to find the following mods already installed:
-Corbin seat
-Puig Chain guard
-HealTech Speedohealer
-HealTech Gear Indicator installed right next to the speedo, easily visible
-What I think is a hookup for a battery tender??
-Some kind of aftermarket wind screen add on, anyone know about this?

Last edited:

brownwa

Beautiful bike, and a steal of a price, good for you. I'm a huge fan of the red framed fizzers myself. Get those sliders on ASAP. Next mods should be a Motodynamic smoked integrated tail light and a cheap fender eliminator kit off eBay. Some T-rex swing arm spools if you plan on doing chain maintenance yourself, which I'm guessing is a yes since you're a dirt rider.

Congratulations! :D

lizardsbba

Beautiful bike, and a steal of a price, good for you. I'm a huge fan of the red framed fizzers myself. Get those sliders on ASAP. Next mods should be a Motodynamic smoked integrated tail light and a cheap fender eliminator kit off eBay. Some T-rex swing arm spools if you plan on doing chain maintenance yourself, which I'm guessing is a yes since you're a dirt rider.

Congratulations! :D
I will look into those swing arm sliders, I'm a mechanic so I maintenance all my own vehicles. Was still debating doing an integrated brake light as I'm worried about people behind me actually seeing my turn signals, people around here really don't pay attention. I was planning to add a vololights brake setup. Also was going over the bike this afternoon and found out it has a speedohealer installed, not sure why, maybe the sprockets been changed.

lytehouse

Super Moderator
:welcome: to the site! And Good Luck with your MSF course

she's a beauty!

Brent27

Great looking bike! I agree on putting the frame sliders on asap. Since you're a mechanic it should be a breeze. If you search the site, you should easily find the torque specs for the bolts. I don't have any experience working on motorcycles and it was a breeze once I got the right tools.

Good luck on MSF course. It should be a breeze if you're hade atv experience. Don't freak out if you fail one of the tests (the box is a b$@h!). You do well on the other tests and you should be good. When I took the MSF course some people failed after doing bad on the first test and that ruined their confidence/attitude for the rest of it.

lizardsbba

Hopin she does as well, declined the extended warranty at the dealer so hopefully that doesn't bite me. I'm not too stressed about the riding course, more so about finding it, it's a 45min drive and different places for the classroom and course.

latony007

welcome from another Cali FZ6R rider, however not too close to Paso Robles. Lots of great canyons to ride up there im guessing. +1 on frame sliders and the seat has been my favorite mod, the stock one sucks. Search up dirt road custom on the site and you can see mine. Be safe and gear up.

lizardsbba

Loads of canyons up here, I live out in the country so it's a canyon ride/drive everyday into town or work. Makes for a lot of fun, but eats up the Direzza ZII's I run on my mr2 pretty quick. So far sitting on my brothers Ninja 300 and the FZ I can definitely say the corbin seat feels like it's going to be very comfortable. My T-rex frame sliders, should have shipped today but the tracking isn't updating. As far as gear I picked up an Icon airframe helmet, cortech RR gloves, cortech RR air boots, Revit levante jacket, and olympia airglide 3 pants.

I go to work at 5am so I wanted something that had a removeable liner for the ride to work in the morning that could be removed for the 90-100 degree ride home in the afternoon. Also the fact the levante jacket has a pocket on the back for storing the liner when not using it was pretty convenient. I also picked up a pair of scorpion covert pro kevlar jeans, but they're pretty heavy and not sure I'd want to wear them around all day.