New Member From San Diego, CA

SDGunfighter

Hello, just acquired a 2009 FZ6R in black with about 3500miles. I got this as part of a trade.

Just a quick bio of myself to makes things proper. I just got out of the US Navy about a year and a half ago. I served 10.5 years and got out for personal reasons but also because I have a home and family to come home to which is more important to me now. I do executive protection part time now while going to school full time which works out perfectly for me.

I have tons of hobbies and I never thought bikes would be next haha. Well maybe I did ;). My main hobbies are firearms/tactics/gear, my family, and my PS3. And by force college -__- I can't complain though I get paid to do good in school thanks to the VA.

I don't know too much about this bike and since I am always googling info on this bike I figured I would join a forum since it's a fun way to learn and read(since reading anything else sucks). I'm not a noob to forums, I know how to search, sell, and so on :) since I've been a very avid gear head in the past from forums such as fuelslut, sdrev, streetracing org, just to name a few and my most time spent at srtforums as a 8 year veteran over there. I'm not sure if I'll post as much as I did there because I'm new here but we'll see.

To finish off this bio here's a FF (fun Fact): every year on my birthday I recieve about 50+ emails from message boards alone lol.

Attachments

latony007

Welcome, we have a few riders down in SD, im up near LA but I know several members are down there. Someone was talking about riding Palomar this weekend I think it was Jon Kerr. Anyway you will find a lot of useful info on this site and it will cost you a ton of money because everyone is always telling you about cool mods and your like hey that would be cool. looks like you already got a shield, flush mounts and FE kit, that's a good start! :)

Ride safe.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

speedbump

Gotta love CA all those lovely roads. South Florida roads suck! Not the pavement but no twisties at all. BTW nice bike! NRA member!

latony007

Gotta love CA all those lovely roads. South Florida roads suck! Not the pavement but no twisties at all. BTW nice bike! NRA member!
Why are there no twisties in FL. I can answer that, because there is not a hill over 5 feet tall to be seen for 500 miles. It kinda creeped me out the first time I went there. I am surrounded by mountains so seeing flat open plain as far as the eye can see if strange, since I have been to other locations similar like Chicago or Cancun. Anyway CA is awesome for riding, but you can ride the 7 mile bridge to key west, we cant do that :)

Y

yellowfz

Oh man you got the Black model the notoriously slow model. :) J/K
Nice ride!

JonKerr

Elite Member

latony007

:mad::mad::catfight::catfight::catfight::spank::spank::spank::soapbox::soapbox:
you guys are all wrong, see the white has less color pigment in the paint so it weighs less and produces the fastest bike :D

speedbump

Why are there no twisties in FL. I can answer that, because there is not a hill over 5 feet tall to be seen for 500 miles. It kinda creeped me out the first time I went there. I am surrounded by mountains so seeing flat open plain as far as the eye can see if strange, since I have been to other locations similar like Chicago or Cancun. Anyway CA is awesome for riding, but you can ride the 7 mile bridge to key west, we cant do that :)
Yeah, I can go on the roof of my house and see half the city if the were no tree's in the way! :eek:

latony007

abyss1406

Welcome dude, Im here in Imperial Beach. I always ride on the weekends in the canyons or on highway 1, and pretty much everyday of the week to work.

ylwf3vr

Welcome and thanks for your service. Been to SD few times and loved it. My wife is from there as well!

SDGunfighter

Thanks everyone. So an update. I stripped off all the fairings to get a very the thorough look at everything and decided since everything is off to prep everything for paint. Lol. I do love the black but I like being original so I will be painting it a flat or actually a satin OD Green (military type of green). I'll post a thread on this once done.

Also my neutral light is on all the time is that normal? Lol

Last edited:

latony007

Thanks everyone. So an update. I stripped off all the fairings to get a very the thorough look at everything and decided since everything is off to prep everything for paint. Lol. I do love the black but I like being original so I will be painting it a flat or actually a satin OD Green (military type of green). I'll post a thread on this once done.

Also my neutral light is on all the time is that normal? Lol
Good luck with the painting. No the neutral light should not be on all the time, only when your in neutral :) Otherwise it would be useless. Wish we had gear indicators on this bike.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member