New Adventure

JonKerr

Elite Member

ej'sfz

I've got a buddy sellin a super clean honda 450 with spare wheel and paddle and small enclosed trailer for 3500 I believe
Dirt bikes are great man thats what I started out on growing up In the desert
I sold my ktm to buy my fz. It was an 00 lc4 640 and I loved it. Street legal too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FastFreddy

That red KTM reminds me of that movie where the rider in the Baja 1000 gets lost and rides through a black budget time travel experiment in progress in the desert and ends up going back in time and riding around the wild west, jumping over baddies on horses while under fire and saving the girl of course.

Sounds like the 450s are too much power for novice dirt riders, whereas the 250s are just right.

Last edited:

ignatz

I started with a CRF450r and loved it for the desert. Mostly ride at glamis in the sand and a few times at ocotillo.

Loved having that bike but only rode it about 4 days in the last few years which made me decide to switch to street.

My understanding of red vs green sticker is the red sticker bikes usually have different cams and the lack of a spark arrestor in the exhaust, think emissions and fire danger. When it comes down to it a red sticker bike will allow you access to certain park/recreation areas during certain times of the year, usually the hotter summer months that have a higher fire danger.

You can check out the last revision of the redd sticker riding seasons in the following document, http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf

My buddy wants me to get a dual sport so I can ride with him when he gets his M1 but I'm waiting for him to follow through before I invest in another bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadTrip

Yeah, I would love to get into dirt bikes as well. At one time I dreamed of hitting doubles on the motorcross side of it, but who am I kidding that ship has sailed. But, technical trail riding could be just as fun, its more about finess and prolly has a nice long learning curve to keep it interesting.

The main concerns would be finding good trails, and maintenance. But, if the bike is cheap, then the risk is low, you just get the bike and see where the new sport takes you.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

latony007

Nice JT, that would be a blast up a pismo. i have only rented quads out there and that was a lot of fun. Although i do think naming your bike is a little odd id go with Sandy, goes with chick names and works for Pismo too :)

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

I purchased her specifically for Pismo so your suggestion along with Johns commandment about hot chick names.... so Sandy it is
I feel honored :)
I might be able to handle a dirt bike a Pismo, at least if you go down you got nice sand dunes to land on instead of rocks. :D

ej'sfz

Wow. That is a hell of a deal. Ill keep that one in mind for sure. I have a trailer but its really a friends i store at my house for him.
sounds good, id take it off his hands if i had the room, and really the cash haha.
let me know, its in borrego so you can test ride right off the porch into the desert lol.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member