My trip last year...

Rookasaki

Fortuna, CA to Monetary, CA Hwy 101 to Hwy 1.... Hwy 1 was just amazing. Twisties like you wouldn't believe right along the ocean. The view was also breath taking! :thumbup:

I'll have to find some pic's I took when I get off work.

Queen

I've ridden roads all over the country, but never in CA. Really gotta remedy that soon, you've got gorgeous roads out there! :thumbup:

JSP

Super Moderator
Fortuna, CA to Monetary, CA Hwy 101 to Hwy 1.... Hwy 1 was just amazing. Twisties like you wouldn't believe right along the ocean. The view was also breath taking! :thumbup:

I'll have to find some pic's I took when I get off work.
Damn, I bet that is absolutely beautiful to ride!

MustGoFaster

Wow looks awesome! Ya I've been wanting to head back out to Cali since I moved to Arizona. Might have to ride out that way since I ain't too far now. :Sport:

Rookasaki

I'm serious, hwy 1 was the best road I have ever ridden. I caught myself enjoying the view to much and not paying attention to the road. The Ocean, the cool air, the mild mist etc... Oh man you guys have to try it one day. It's a bucket list type of ride for sure. I was on the road for a total of 14 hours.. Yeah I was score and hurting like a mother but I didn't want to stop! :thumbup:

CrazyCawi

total of 14 hours.. Yeah I was score and hurting like a mother but I didn't want to stop! :thumbup:
Ive had to say that to her before ;)

highway 1 is an amazing drive. Done it 3 times in a car. never on bike but I cant wait to....bucket list fo sho

DakinechicK

Looks amazing... this is definitely on my list! I don't think I could or would do it in one day though.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

oorgle

I'll be doing most of highway 1 this weekend. I live in the north bay. going to ride freeways down to san jose to see a buddy then hit the 1 and head south to san diego. I've gone down to santa cruz on the 1 before but never the full distance. I can't wait.

no 14 hour rides for me. I took the 5 down to san diego last year on my gs500 and it took me 14 hours and i was so exhausted. This time i am spanning it out to 2-3 days. going to stop and take pics alot. just installed a usb charger so i can run the go pro the whole trip.