My new smoked integrated tail light

husker525

Just finished installing my new smoked, LED integrated tail light. I like the look, and it functions fine. It was a bit more expensive than some of the Ebay choices, but it came recommended to me, and the recommendation was spot on. It is plug and play with the tail light/brake light, but requires splicing one "hot wire" from each turn signal. The ground wires for each turn signal are not used.

Here is the link: Rumble Concept LED Integrated Taillight Kit - Street Bike 2010 Yamaha FZ6R - Motorcycle Superstore

Here are some phone photos:

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

tail light looks good but how bright is it during the day light hours? out in the sun ? And by the way your tank is spot on badass Can you post a pic showing the picture a little better?

The tail light is very bright at night, and very visible during the day. The turn signal portion is adequate, but any time that you have an integrated light, it may confuse the multi-tasking cagers. I liked the smoked look, as the tail light blends into the rear of the bike better. For safety and legal reasons, the stock turn signals with the rear fender are obviously better, but I like a clean look.

IMAG0284.jpg

As for the tank picture, I got a lot of reflection from my overhead shop lights. Here is an older picture.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDEtMjAxMDA1MDUtMTE0N.jpg

Im still debating on whether or not im going to get one , my wife doesnt like my clear led cat eyes lights on the fender eliminator so i think i could talk her into letting me get on of these. I would also go with the smoked look because my bike is black.

I really like the memorial picture , its pretty sweet , I come from a long line of military in my family ( dad still serving)

looking good. I noticed you had different grips, how do you like em? Are they more comfortable than the stock ones?

The grips are softer, and a little thicker. I think they are very comfortable, although, there are even better grips out there. Because they are softer, they do not wear as well, but grips are a relatively cheap item if they need replaced. I have been putting ODI lock on grips on other toys I have, and they are very comfortable, but more pricey.

Back