Tail light out and need help with turn signal connection

Nrstar8088

So first off my tail light went out but brake light still works.

Is this more likely the connection or a bulb issue?

Also when I installed fender eliminater I shamefully butchered the wire connections. I cut the oem female connector and just spliced and taped the wires together

I started having issues with green signal light on dash blinking extremely fast at really high rpm. I re did connections a bit better and issue went away but now it's back occasionally.
Question is.. is it possible to purchase the oem wire harness,(I think that's what it's called) with the original female connection for aftermarket turn signals?

I bought these connectors with male ends that would have been perfect had I known about it before I cut the oem one.

If I'm correct I have to buy and installed the oem harness which looks like a 22 legged octopus.

Dint even know if I'll be able to.

Any other ideas how to fix the damage done by splicing the wires together?

That's possibly why taillight went out also.

Ok sorry for such a long post

Jerzee55

So first off my tail light went out but brake light still works.

Is this more likely the connection or a bulb issue?

Also when I installed fender eliminater I shamefully butchered the wire connections. I cut the oem female connector and just spliced and taped the wires together

I started having issues with green signal light on dash blinking extremely fast at really high rpm. I re did connections a bit better and issue went away but now it's back occasionally.
Question is.. is it possible to purchase the oem wire harness,(I think that's what it's called) with the original female connection for aftermarket turn signals?

I bought these connectors with male ends that would have been perfect had I known about it before I cut the oem one.

If I'm correct I have to buy and installed the oem harness which looks like a 22 legged octopus.

Dint even know if I'll be able to.

Any other ideas how to fix the damage done by splicing the wires together?

That's possibly why taillight went out also.

Ok sorry for such a long post
Rather than buy the entire wire harness, why not replace the OEM connector? I believe some or all are 'bullet type' connectors which can be crimped on to the end of the wire with a crimp tool (fairly inexpensive). You can also solder the connectors, but that is generally not necessary. Assuming you have connectors on the tail eliminator end, purchase the matching connectors for the 'main harness' that match your tail eliminator. If they are female bullet types on the eliminator, buy male connectors for the main harness, or vice versa. Once you have good connectors the intermittent problems 'should' go away. Good luck. :)