My FZ6R Hit 10K Miles This Evening!

Demond

I normally browse the forum from the background, and I have enjoyed everyone's input. Although, this time I have to share a bit of a milestone for my bike...the 10,000 mile mark!

My FZ6R Hits 10K Mile Mark by Henderson Images, on Flickr

I bought the bike with around 4500 miles on it back in March. Since then, I have put approx. 5500 miles on the FZ6R (OK, I named her Amber :eek:). This evening, on the way home from work, I was approaching the 10K mark. I started to head home and photograph the odometer when I got home, but that just wasn't gonna cut it. I simply had to capture the 10,000 mile mark as it read on the display. By the time I got home it would have read something like 10,032. So, I pulled off the highway and stopped at a gas station because I couldn't make it home on the remaining gas anyway. Luckily, the exit was right at the 10K mark, and the gas station was just off 880!

The 10,000 Mile Pit Stop by Henderson Images, on Flickr

I look forward to many more miles with Amber!! :Sport:

cdsdave

You got me beat, I have put just over 4500 on my 6r since buying it March 13. Have you had any issues with it since you bought it and what maintenance have you done over those miles.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

SomeGuyFromCali

Congrats on 10K demond.

I pulled my girl's FZ6R into the garage for her last night (she refuses to ride it on our steep gravel driveway :rolleyes:) and the odometer read exactly 100 miles. :eek: After 3 weeks of commuting I am up in the 300-400 range...
Not much longer for me and time for the first break in maintenance.

Demond

You got me beat, I have put just over 4500 on my 6r since buying it March 13. Have you had any issues with it since you bought it and what maintenance have you done over those miles.
Thanks to all that responded so far!

No, I haven't had any issues that weren't my fault (I blew a fuse after leaving wires untidy from my intergrated tail light install). As far as maintainance, I'll admit that I have failed. :spank: I'm changing the oil, and cleaning/lubing the chain this weekend. Also, I changed the rear tire about 1,000 mi. ago.

I rack up the miles because I've been commuting 120 mi. RT almost daily. The weekends are usually to busy to hit the twisties, so I ride to work to get some seat time. The 6R has been great for commuting. I was looking to replace the 6R with a Sport Touring bike, but I'm having a hard time finding reasons to swap. I like the gas milage, and size for splitting lanes. I only wish I had more power - which is the main reason for upgrading.

BKP

Congratulations on the milestone!

I think that's the jackknife with the gold Yami logo in their milestone book...
(nooooo... there *is* no "milestone book." But, there *should* be...)