My First Get Off.

Psgibbs87

It is with a sad heart that I write this tail of a man who dropped his FZ6R. This man is me.

Last night I got off work at 10pm (MST I live in UT and work as a security guard at eBay) and was talking to my supervisor in the parking garage where I had left my bike. At about 11:15 we had finished talking about stuff dealing with work and motorcycles because he has or had a Honda Shadow 1300. (I say had because he let one of his buddies ride it about 2 months ago and wrecked it). It had been raining that day just a little but the roads were still very wet and very slick as I found out.

As I pulled out of the garage and pulling out of a corner, I gave it a bit too much gas a bit too soon for the conditions. When that happened the back end came out to the left. I tried very hard to keep control. Unfortunately I was not able to and high sided. By this time I was doing about 35mph. I can still picture me flying about 10ft and watching my bike slide and thinking it was going to slide into me. Thankfully the only damage to me was a bit of a headche and some hurt pride. Damage to the bike is a little bit mor expensive though, but thank you frame sliders. They saved me a lot of money.

I had ridden in the rain even got caught in snow a couple of times and always made it home just fine. It just goes to show that you dont want to get too comfortable riding because it will bite you in the butt. I am glad I was following the rule of ATGATT!

The bike still runs just fine. Its only cosmetic damage.

I could use some suggestions on places to get parts. Please let me know if you guys know anyone who could help me get it in good shape again.

Pictures to come.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you all for the suggestions. It is just scratches. I think there might be a few cracks in it. I put the bike back in the garage at work so i havent had the chance to take a good look at it since today was my day off and trying to get everything sorted with my deployment to afghanistan in June and trying to finish up one last semester of school before I go.

So ive looked everything up except for the one thing thats going to cost me a lot which is the dent in my tank but everything else is coming out to around $800 :banghead:
Thats about what I was thinking it was going to be.

So ive looked everything up except for the one thing thats going to cost me a lot which is the dent in my tank but everything else is coming out to around $800 :banghead:
Thats about what I was thinking it was going to be.

If you have a dent in the tank then it took a pretty big hit. You may have some hidden mechanical and/or frame damage. If that is the case it could be very dangerous to ride. Have it checked out to be sure.
Glad you were ATGATT and not hurt seriously, but like others have said, get yourself checked out to be sure.

You can bondo up the tank and repaint it instead of trying to get it fixed by a body shop etc. Save you TONS of money that way. Otherwise, a tank will no doubt be $350+ at a wrecker.

Glad you're ok.. On the headache - maybe you should get checked out by a doctor. If you were wearing a helmet and it hit the ground, you probably want to replace it.

Uhm, eBay? :)

eBay is where I sell all my helmets that have hit the ground if they don't show any damage or it can be easily fixed or hidden......:eek:

Buyer beware......

eBay is where I sell all my helmets that have hit the ground if they don't show any damage or it can be easily fixed or hidden......:eek:

Buyer beware......

I hope you state that they've been dropped or pre-crashed.

Otherwise you're a twat.

Play with your own life, not with others.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

sell "all" of your helmets... how many is "all?" How many times is your head hitting the ground? keep the rubber side down man... lol

Back