Starting issues

patty.1104

Hey guys. In a bit of a pickle at the moment with my 2013 model. 23,000kms.
A bit of a long story in a short time. Was having issues with fuel delivery from a blockage of rust in the fuel filter and pump. Replaced both and treated the tank. Ran great for 190kms. Next day went to start it, no luck. Horrible idle and running rich. Any twist of the throttle and it would cut out. A bunch of testing today, voltage and resistance on everything from the battery to the coils, injectors and fuel pump. Cleaning all the terminals, posts and grounds. It cranks strong, ignites for a second then shuts off. Has anyone had this issue before?

Paramita

Hey guys. In a bit of a pickle at the moment with my 2013 model. 23,000kms.
A bit of a long story in a short time. Was having issues with fuel delivery from a blockage of rust in the fuel filter and pump. Replaced both and treated the tank. Ran great for 190kms. Next day went to start it, no luck. Horrible idle and running rich. Any twist of the throttle and it would cut out. A bunch of testing today, voltage and resistance on everything from the battery to the coils, injectors and fuel pump. Cleaning all the terminals, posts and grounds. It cranks strong, ignites for a second then shuts off. Has anyone had this issue before?
Hi Patti
Had similar issues with my 2013. Yamaha technician finally diagnosed a faulty positive battery terminal. Replaced the battery. All good now.
Hope that helps.

milepig

Hi Patti
Had similar issues with my 2013. Yamaha technician finally diagnosed a faulty positive battery terminal. Replaced the battery. All good now.
Hope that helps.
Somewhat the same happened to the wife's 6R. One day it decided it would just crank and crank but not fire, replaced with a new battery and it fired right up, been running great ever since. Not saying this is your issue, just something to consider.

patty.1104

Somewhat the same happened to the wife's 6R. One day it decided it would just crank and crank but not fire, replaced with a new battery and it fired right up, been running great ever since. Not saying this is your issue, just something to consider.
Thanks mate. No luck. Replaced with a new battery. Battery is supposed to have 260 cranking amps apparently. It had 135. Replaced it. Still nothing