My bike died....strange

Riccochet

3 times today. Twice while stuck in traffic. Was stopped for a little bit so I turned it off. Started back up fine, but as soon as I put it in 1st it would die. Clutch fully engaged, it would just die. I put it in 2nd and it was fine. Stopped again and did the same thing. Off for a while, started right up, died as soon as put in 1st. Start, put in 2nd, no problem. The last time I pulled in my driveway, clutch in, as soon as I came to a stop it died. Started right back up, no problems.

Bike is brand new, 600 miles. Going to take it to the dealer, just figured I'd ask if this ever happened to anyone else.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

yfz6r

Back when I had mine if I would kill the motor then restart the bike it sometimes acted funny and died. I think the ecu gets confused and messes up the fuel delivery when you turn it off and back on. Just a thought.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

If it does it again, check the odometer for an error code (i.e. 19).

bmw675

When you turn it off for the short time, are you using the key or the kill switch?

BoneJj

What is your bike idling at? normally putting it into 1st gear though will give you a clunk or jerk and if your idle is too low it could be that you're effectively stalling the engine out.

other than that I don't have any suggestions other than take it to the dealer and have them look at it.

Riccochet

I use the key. Neutral, kickstand down, clutch out, key off. Then key on, start, kickstand up, clutch in, the second I put it in to 1st it dies. Don't even get the chance to start releasing the clutch.

Very odd issue for sure. Taking it to the dealer Sunday.

bmw675

Bring it back to the stealership...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Is it really a "stealership" when you want them to fix something for you?
Never could understand that term. (Not picking you out specifically, I see that term numerous times a day).

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member