Motorcycle clubs?

CrazyCawi

Do any of you belong to any motorcycle clubs?

Ive really been into the show Sons of Anarchy and I know the show is somewhat far fetched and skewed toward illegal activity, but I was wondering if any of you belong to an actual club?

Sage

Our Mizzou club meetings sometimes looked like that when we had a room with the long table, it was sorta entertaining haha.

I love that show, I wish i remembered to watch it this last season.

CrazyCawi

I love that show, I wish i remembered to watch it this last season.
All the seasons are on netflix, only cost $6 a month! :rolleyes:

Sage

Only Seasons 1 & 2 are on there atm, and they just got put on instant and i've watched both of them :(

I'm impatiently waiting for Season 3 to be put on there and for Season 4 lol

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

CrazyCawi

lol im on season 1 still I think, Ive been roasting through a ton of episodes...I love it

CrazyCawi

Thanks for your input jon :) Personally I wasnt really going for the vest and patch thing other than from the show. I was just wondering about like sport bike clubs. I know there are some bad ones out there, one of the guys I used to worth with was the president of a chapter for hells angels in Wyoming, and heard ALOT of stories from him. I see so many groups of riders in the area biking together and to be honest I feel a little left out not knowing anyone with sport bikes to go ride with really....I only have one friend Ive ridden with. Its kinda lame IMO lol....although I do get to go on the carver fun run on may 7th!!!

Sage

I'll preface this with I hope I don't offend anyone on here with this post. But I have a feeling someone's going to get bent at me about expressing my opinions.

You need to be careful of the whole MC and vest wearing. I do have some friends who are members/founders etc... of various clubs. Many have bad raps. Most are just riders who want to hang out and ride together. However, just like anything else, there are a few out there who are the ones who cause the stereotypes. There's a few "Biker Clubs" around Southern California that you don't want to screw with. I think most of the sportbike MC's are pretty much harmless, but again, I've seen some groups around at bike nights etc... that I wouldn't mess with either. Usually the one's I've come across, they're just a bunch of squids who are trying to be bad ass, but not always. Like I said, I have some friends who are in them, one is the president and founder of one, they know I think the whole "Patching Up" thing is stupid. But then again, they're not the ones out there riding in their leather vest and nothing else and a pair of jeans with their chick on the back in her booty shorts.

I grew up down the street from a Hell's Angels club house that was being used for meth manufacturing. It blew up one day and everyone's suspicions were confirmed. So yes, there's still a lot of illegal activity that gets associated with all the clubs simply because they wear a vest and a patch. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead with a leather vest and an MC patch on it. Just not my thing. Putting a sticker advertising for a discussion forum would be about as close as I'll get.

As for the show, I've never seen it. Was going to get it on Netflix though so thanks for reminding me to go put it in my list. ;)

I do understand where you're coming from Jon. I don't understand the whole patched up vest and all that. We have some patches made for the group that say MoM on them in a heart like the tattoo but I havent decided if I wanna rock it on anything or not. Back home there is alot of illegal activity from chicago and all that and probably still highly organized crime that most people don't see or know about seeing how Al Capone had a home in Qtown, may have kept going or not, who knows.. just alot of methheads blowing themselves up.. As far as I can tell though, we have no motorcycle "gangs" in the sense of what the sons are or the angels, although I do see patched up guys riding around sometimes, some are cool and still wave to sportbikes which is a surprise, others don't wave to anyone no matter what.

CrazyCawi

*off topic* but oh well lol I had to say it....do you give the lil two finger wave downward? That seems to be common biker to biker communication here and most riders do but I feel weird when people dont do it back lol

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Sage

I acknoledge all riders as often as i can. usually wont at interstate speeds but oh well. If they don't want to be brotherly/sisterly that's their loss =)

Heineken

Elite Member

bjs045

Yup...the guys I ride with are also on meetup.com. I wouldn't call them a MC, but more of a riders group. Huge difference. I'm not going to lie, here in LA, I've seen every type of rider possible. I've run across every type of gangster too. It is what it is...

Hoops 09Raven

Anyone ever heard of the Ruff Riders?

they are a MC club for sport bikes, a couple of years ago they tied up the 91fwy through Riverside performing stupid stunts. They literally had enough bikes to shut the freeway down.

bjs045

Anyone ever heard of the Ruff Riders?

they are a MC club for sport bikes, a couple of years ago they tied up the 91fwy through Riverside performing stupid stunts. They literally had enough bikes to shut the freeway down.
Yeah I knew a guy from the LA RR chapter. Another local MC is Mayhem. The ones I knew were pretty cool ass dudes.

JonKerr

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Netflix on the Wii is awesome!!! I just started the third episode of Sons of Anarchy. lol. It's pretty damn good.
:wav:

Net flix is the reason I dont have cable :) its amazing!

ps. the show gets addicting be careful ;)

JonKerr

Elite Member