more hp!?!?!?!?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rumpig

I keep having thoughts of turboing my bike but need to upgrade the turbo on my ute first. Plenty of good info in this thread about a FZ6 that was turboed. FZ6 R6 turbo How to

Sterlo, have you removed your 02 sensor? I reckon you could tune it better if you had a US ecu in it.

ST3RL0

What did you do, cut the harness and put the 6r harness on it? Did you lose any midrange before tuning? Or did you tune right away?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Just cut about an inch away from the plug and spliced the fz6r plug onto the harness. I'll take a photo when I return home in a few days

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ST3RL0

I keep having thoughts of turboing my bike but need to upgrade the turbo on my ute first. Plenty of good info in this thread about a FZ6 that was turboed. FZ6 R6 turbo How to

Sterlo, have you removed your 02 sensor? I reckon you could tune it better if you had a US ecu in it.
Disconnected, and have the pcv autotune monitoring afr

Drennan57

@ST3RLO

I gotta say for the amount of time and money you spent making the 6R engine put down better numbers i'm wondering why you didn't just put that effort into doing an R6 engine swap.

I'd almost guarantee the process would have been less consuming then the route you have gone... for less gains i might add.

Your FZ is a serious piece of kit so please don't think that i am bashing it. :thumbup:

ST3RL0

@ST3RLO

I gotta say for the amount of time and money you spent making the 6R engine put down better numbers i'm wondering why you didn't just put that effort into doing an R6 engine swap.

I'd almost guarantee the process would have been less consuming then the route you have gone... for less gains i might add.

Your FZ is a serious piece of kit so please don't think that i am bashing it. :thumbup:
I've got an r6 as my daily, but want to break my mates quarter mile record (using a lams bike) of 10.14 with a turbo hyo 650

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

shards

@ST3RLO

I think most of these types of "performance chases" are done for fun and the curiosity value (ie can it be done?) rathet than common sense. There is probably a heap of satisfaction in actually getting there.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Rumpig

I had a look down the throats while I had the throttle bodies off doing the cam swap and apart from some minor casting marks their didn't look like there was much that would need doing porting wise. Plenty off carbon build up on the backs of the valves so a can of sea foam or the like might help. The other mod no-ones mentioned is the timing advance.

Attachments

Rumpig

....and now I have a set of FZ6 and a set of FZ6R cams both shipping today to my house from eBay...

I'm going down the rabbit hole :surrender::surrender::surrender:

At least you guys know you can count on me to make a how-to video!
When I did mine myself I ended up having to buy a torque wrench for $250, needs to be the smallest one you can get to fit under the frame rail and even then I had to grind down the socket so it would fit, timing wheel was about $30 and dial gauge was around $100, then I went through 2 die grinder bits slotting the holes on the cam gears which was another $120. That's about what it probably would of cost to pay a workshop to do it for me, so unless you've got a use for those tools again you might not want to do it yourself. First time I had done a cam swap so was a good learning experience but you need a bit of patience.

ST3RL0

Was wondering why you were trying to do so much to get some extra hp. Did you lose any noticeable power before tuning after installing fz6 throttle bodies? Found a couple cheap on ebay and might grab one. I need a tune,but that'll be later this summer. Figure I should push high 80s when I swap fuel rail throttle bodies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
There was a bit more of a noticeable dip below 5k when coupled with the cams, but the butt dyno was happy

ST3RL0

I think most of these types of "performance chases" are done for fun and the curiosity value (ie can it be done?) rathet than common sense. There is probably a heap of satisfaction in actually getting there.
Some of it is probably more money than it's worth but yeah it's more of a "what is that, can we do it" along with chasing mates times

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rumpig

Timing advance was most noticeable at low rpms, didn't notice a gain at high rpms. You can get it off without a rattle gun, I used the spanner for undoing a 9" angle grinder nut to hold the trigger wheel.

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member