Mods I've always wanted to do, complete!

djf18374

Thanks to Marthy, and his generously priced fender eliminator, I have finally finished up my Mods! Earlier this month I put on the ZX6-R mirrors, took off the star decals, flushmounts, and bought a Motodynamics integrated tail light. Got the fender eliminator last week and put it on this weekend, along with the tail light. I've gotta say, I LOVE the way it looks now. It's like a whole new bike!

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

defiant26

Awesome bike!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rhyswithers

nice looking bike mate I love the seat cowel!
Planning on tinting the windscreen? I think that will top off the black/yellow theme.

djf18374

I don't know if I will tint the windscreen. I like the clear look of it. I agree it sticks out from the rest of the "blackout" theme but for now I'll leave it as is. Maybe I will change my mind after a bit.

Marthy, now you have me thinking of yet another mod. THANKS! just what I needed. ;)

12fz6rblack

Which zx-6r year of mirrors did you get? I got some and they did not if at all from eBay

djf18374

Which zx-6r year of mirrors did you get? I got some and they did not if at all from eBay
2005-2008 Kawasaki ZX6R mirrors.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0082FMZWQ/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1[/ame]

12fz6rblack

Cool thank you

latony007

think it looks awesome, love the wheel tape too. i personally would have left the decals on but i still think it looks great. i dont think i have ever seen a yellow one on the road they must not have made very many.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

stache

good looking bike, mate. Really like the seat cowl and wheel stripes.

I think the fz6r looks fantastic with solid color fairings. Very similar to a Honda VFR or Interceptor.

Va2thadeath

Love the bike!!! I have a yellow one as well. I also plan on adding the wheel strip to mine. And I think I'm going to take the star decal off. How did you get yours of?

Where did you get the rear seat cowl??? Also, how's the visibility with those ZX6R Mirrors? I'm getting tired of the 'snail eye stalk' mirrors... I love the simple solid color look, less is more sometimes on a bike.

djf18374

Love the bike!!! I have a yellow one as well. I also plan on adding the wheel strip to mine. And I think I'm going to take the star decal off. How did you get yours of?
The star decals came off pretty easy...I just peeled em up slowly after it sat in the sun for an hour.

There was a little bit of adhesive left in one spot and I used good gone to get that off.

djf18374

Where did you get the rear seat cowl??? Also, how's the visibility with those ZX6R Mirrors? I'm getting tired of the 'snail eye stalk' mirrors... I love the simple solid color look, less is more sometimes on a bike.
The seat cowl was purchased from another member on here. I think it was just a regular cowl from Yamaha. He had it specially painted to match the bike's yellow and it has a "ghosted" Rockstar Energy Drink Star painted under the clearcoat. Pretty sweetly done, and I like it a lot.

The mirrors have less viz than stock, but adjusted right they will let you see behind you with minor tucking of the elbows.

Attachments

Last edited: