Mod. Stock Exhaust

Ledgini

If you take the chrome piece you'll see two sets of welds. Reason for this is the small pipe runs within the muffler.

Yes you would want to cut a bigger hole and thru the small pipe. Some people have used a saws-all. It depends on you. I used a professional. Anyone who knows anything about metal is that welds are stronger than the metal it's holding together. That's stronger and harder to cut. So the guy who did mine carefully used a plasma cutter then a grinding wheel as to not make too big of a hole.

I hope that helps

Same here, plasma cutter and grinding wheel. Its a simple job for a professional welder.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

skeeny

xj6 exhaust mod

Hi Guys,
Been reading all the posts on modding stock exhaust well i finally did it, went with oval tip to be different, must say it sounds great, top mod thanks for all the info.:) IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

skeeny

Yeah the sound is awesome, went for along ride today no issues just a nice burrble went backing off throttle, good note through the gears.
Couldn't be happier.:wav::D

eflyer182

Once my warranty is up I'm doing this mod for sure! Just from the videos it sounds way better than stock. Can't wait to do this to my bike! Thanks for all the great input guys!

JSP

Super Moderator
so its Official that doing this exact mod will VOID the warranty?
Why u say that? It cannot void the warranty on anything OTHER than the exhaust that you cut up... They cant say that a messed up suspension component was cause by you doing an exhaust mod. It will just void the warranty on your exhaust. So if you get some rattle or severe rust in your exhaust, they wont cover that of course.

mdebuck

Why u say that? It cannot void the warranty on anything OTHER than the exhaust that you cut up... They cant say that a messed up suspension component was cause by you doing an exhaust mod. It will just void the warranty on your exhaust. So if you get some rattle or severe rust in your exhaust, they wont cover that of course.
Thats what i ment sorry for not clarrifying.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Roaddawg

I did just the "5 minute free" exhaust mod where you drill a small hole inside through the stock pipe. I rode to work today and noticed nothing different (in the way of poor performance or better performance) BUT it did sound bad ass!! The deeper tone and slightly louder sound is just right now for the bike. It feels more manly now! :D Lost that angry sewing machine sound. Very happy with the easy, little mod. And, I can't see how putting a 3/8 inch hole or so through the internal pipe will make much, if any, difference to the fuel system/back pressure.

WHITEFOZZY

OHMYGOD!!!!! i just did this today and let me tell you... ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

i did it myself. bought a tip from autozone for 13.00 and cut off the stock and welded the new one on... 2 1/4 inlet. to like 2 3/4? idk its tapered big time lol

its totally worth the heartache of taking a die grinder to my exhaust lol!!

i got a ton of pics but heres one. ill post more if wanted!!

WHITEFOZZY

thats like what i was thinking of doing LOL something like that but a little bit longer and use the rear peg bracket to bolt a exhuast clamp too.... id have to unbolt the rear peg.. or weld an additional bracket but i wanted something that would stick up in the air like that... good job man!

hectic1982

has anyone tried??

hey just wondering weather or not any of you guys have thought of or tried bolting a FZ6S or FZ6N exchust to an FZ6R?
i like the idea of the pipes coming out the back.

slopoke

is a portion of the cat converter bypassed?

Hey guys, the treehugger n me wants to make sure I am not bypassing a section of the cat.. I am not familiar with how the muffler/cat for the fz6r is, I am hoping someone could confirm....

Ie, I just want to make sure, the exhaust coming out from the new opening is after it exited the cat inside correct?

Thanks guys!