Mod. Stock Exhaust

Got the exhaust off...man it was SIMPLE!! Should have the new tip on and mod completed this evening.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Getting welded right now.

Got it on...no problem doing it myself. I loosely installed the two hanger bolts then got the headers on. It sounds great!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mugenome

I did this mod a few days ago. Went to some muffler store. Showed the welder pics from this thread.The weld wasn't really that great, I had to take off the muffler and repaint the whole thing. Overall it cost me $22 for the tip and $20 for the weld. Plus $8 for the hi temp black spray can. So that's $50bnd or $40usd. Takes time to get used to the sound though. :D

Attachments

fzx8h0

Did the modification today...and I'm very very satisfy with the sound...it cost me rm60 ( usd20 + -) ..for the stainless steel tip and labour. Thank you guys...you guys ROCK.Will upload the video of the sound tomorrow.....:)

Last edited:

DragonBlu

I have searched high and low. I thought we had a diagram or actual pics of the inside of the stock muffler. Can anyone point it out to me,,,Jay,,,anyone? Thanks!

JSP

Super Moderator

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Per the pictures on page 7 of this thread can I essentially just put on an exhaust tip and drill some holes and get a change in the sound that would be better than stock? I don't know anyone who welds and I don't want to pay someone. I was given an exhaust tip for free so basically I'm looking to spend no money and get some kind of better sound than stock. I'd rather not even cut of the original 1 1/4" pipe. The exhaust tip I have has three screws at the base that I'm going to drill into the sides of the stock tip and have it mount that way instead of welding it on. Please don't mind the simple question, I'm new to the motorcycle world so still learning how mods will affect the bike. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
This would be your better option:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/free-5-minute-exhaust-mod-19477/

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Thank you Roaddawg. I've read that thread a few times but every time I consider doing it there's something that bothers me about doing the work in an area that I can't really see. I know, doesn't make much sense that I feel more comfortable doing it the way I was asking about as opposed to the 5 min way, it's still poking holes in it either way. I think I may hold of and not alter the stock system and just save up for a marthy exhaust in the spring :) Thanks for the input though.
Doing it the way your talking about alters your exhaust MUCH more than doing the 5-min way. I've got over 30k miles and have no problems or regrets about doing it....just saying. :rolleyes:

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Per the pictures on page 7 of this thread can I essentially just put on an exhaust tip and drill some holes and get a change in the sound that would be better than stock? I don't know anyone who welds and I don't want to pay someone. I was given an exhaust tip for free so basically I'm looking to spend no money and get some kind of better sound than stock. I'd rather not even cut of the original 1 1/4" pipe. The exhaust tip I have has three screws at the base that I'm going to drill into the sides of the stock tip and have it mount that way instead of welding it on. Please don't mind the simple question, I'm new to the motorcycle world so still learning how mods will affect the bike. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
What I'm getting at is, you said you don't want to spend any money on this mod...I know you have a free tip and are talking about screwing it in and all, but NO ONE else has done that on here (or if they have, they haven't spoken up about it). So, what happens when you go to do that and it doesn't work out right and now you have to spend a lot more money trying to fix it or ride around with a 'jimmy rigged' setup?? Are you ableto buy a new exhaust if you jack it up? What I'm trying to tell you is...many of us have done the 'free' mod and its proven it works for what your trying to accomplish....free and better sound. It's also very much less intrusive than drilling holes in your outer can and screwing a tip on and all. My exhaust looks completely stock but sounds so much better. You would be hard pressed to tell that I did anything to it.

SloRider

Did this free mod last night in the dark. Very quick and very easy. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet but I have been able to rev it up a couple times. Very happy with the sound. Still might try to make the hole a little bigger to see if I can get some more sound. Overall, very satisfied.