Making the FZ6R/XJ6 Derestrictor Plate

Samwich

Hello!

I am an owner of a 2014 XJ6NL and was on the search for a derestictor plate, but soon realised that they sold for around 130AUD(!!!) This seems absolutely ludicrous seeing as this is just a bent piece of metal!

So I decided to draw up my own version (See attached image). I have the means to mass produce these and would like to see if there is any interest in purchasing these. I think I could probably sell them for around $20AUD depending on material cost.

Thanks

Edit: Plate is up on Ebay now. Had to increase price to $25 as material and shipping costed a lot more than I anticipated. Link to my page if anyone is interested.
the_samwich on eBay

Attachments

Last edited:

twebb6778

I was planning on getting one of these from Resart when I get my blacks in January, but it's a bit of a rip off. I'd be down for one of yours, absolutely.

Samwich

Sweet, I'm not sure of the best way to sell them so I might put them on ebay. I've just made the first few so I'll test them out on my bike and make sure its all in order.

twebb6778

I got the plate in the mail the other day, it looks legit! I'm going to wait until I get my full licence in January before I install it, call it superstition, but I'm confident it'll work a treat. Thanks heaps man!

twebb6778

Just installed the plate, it fits perfectly. Mounted and held the throttle cables just like the OEM. Massive props to Samwich, you've done a killer job!

Fz6r wagga

Hello!

I am an owner of a 2014 XJ6NL and was on the search for a derestictor plate, but soon realised that they sold for around 130AUD(!!!) This seems absolutely ludicrous seeing as this is just a bent piece of metal!

So I decided to draw up my own version (See attached image). I have the means to mass produce these and would like to see if there is any interest in purchasing these. I think I could probably sell them for around $20AUD depending on material cost.

Thanks

Edit: Plate is up on Ebay now. Had to increase price to $25 as material and shipping costed a lot more than I anticipated. Link to my page if anyone is interested.
the_samwich on eBay
Are you able to sell another of these please? Id pay 50 + postage I can not find them anywhere and thought it would be alot easier than this when i brought my bike