Lowside into car

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ksanbon

Wow!
Too much throttle??
Smartest thing he did was push the bike away. Looks like it slowed the car down.

Fizzer6R

Wow!
Too much throttle??
Smartest thing he did was push the bike away. Looks like it slowed the car down.
just trying to act too cool for the cameras :mad:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

abyss1406

that corner is famous for crashes.

bmw675

Wow!
Too much throttle??
Body position sucked. But I bet target fixation on the first car was the final straw.

pkoko

I know this sounds counter intuitive,,, but I think the let go of the throttle when he saw on coming traffic. Had he stayed on the throttle; I think he would have made the turn.

Most low slides happen because of excessive lean angle and no throttle during the turn. Both mistakes apply in this video. Obviously in addition to poor body positioning.

ksanbon

I know this sounds counter intuitive,,, but I think the let go of the throttle when he saw on coming traffic. Had he stayed on the throttle; I think he would have made the turn.

Most low slides happen because of excessive lean angle and no throttle during the turn. Both mistakes apply in this video. Obviously in addition to poor body positioning.
I'm pretty sure my fz6r low-side came from excessive lean angle and losing traction w/ too much throttle applied too early.
You can get rear wheel-drive cars to oversteer by staying on the throttle because the stability from having 4 tires keeps them from tipping over.

Last edited: