Loving my "new to me" 2009 FZ6R...Thought on Frame Sliders?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
I have T-Rex on my FZ6R and I love the look and strength/structure of them (I have the tapered model, which looks great). They also have great customer service.

HOWEVER ... I would not personally buy them again. I had a very difficult time installing them, and so have many others. Personally, I would probably get OES or Shogun no-cut.

Just my 2 cents. If you do go with T-Rex, look at the various threads to prepare for what you might hit in installing them.

Here's a link to my tips for installation ...

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/new-t-rex-frame-slider-installation-tips-28731/

DragonBlu

Make a choice and go with it. The sooner you have them on the better. I have T-Rex on mine. Enjoy the bike!

latony007

Make a choice and go with it. The sooner you have them on the better. I have T-Rex on mine. Enjoy the bike!
lol good point, both work. I have heard other people had problems putting on trex but in the one case in particular i remember reading they had sent the wrong bolts and instead of calling them he went out bolt hunting and cutting stuff. He called afterward and they refunded him most of his money for the trouble. I had mine on in 10 minutes and i suck and working on any vehicles.

skateboard wheels
Google Image Result for http://www.powersportsfx.com/cartimages/m/50271.JPG

trex
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMyIei95bq6r3qG5TxwDEKhp0EsH1ti7LonVpKYXTWqgvMFGqxyg

AL72

I have the shogun. I chose it because are easier to install, just one engine bolt per side (T-rex two engine bolts per side, need to support the engine in the bottom to install it) 15 minutes to install it and only need to remove the right side fairing.

Regards!

YamaDon

Lovin my T-Rex

I have the T-Rex frame sliders and spools. Love them both. Easy to install and the quality is excellent. The spools make it so much easier to lift the back end with confidence. I had a "paddle" type stand, but the swingarm kept sliding back on it due to the incline. No worries anymore.

latony007

I have the shogun. I chose it because are easier to install, just one engine bolt per side (T-rex two engine bolts per side, need to support the engine in the bottom to install it) 15 minutes to install it and only need to remove the right side fairing.

Regards!
i did not support the engine, just did one bolt at a time and had no issues.

LocoLechero

t rex sliders - t rex spools !!! sexy :D

Last edited:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Didn't realize so many people had the T-Rex. I had heard about some people having issues. I will say the look much better than the Shoguns.

However, I went over on my Shoguns. I scuffed the carbon fiber on my Viper muffler, snapped my mirror around, and got a very minor scuff on my right side fake air vent. That was it. Showed some guys at the local shop and they wouldn't believe it. My bar ends never touched down. I've (unfortunately) tested them and they work great.
I've got the shoguns as well ND fortunately haven't tested them. They were my first mod along with mirrors and fe the first week I got the bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
sliders were one of my firsts too, Guys check out the trex sliders thread and someone has a picture up of them after a wreck, seems like they worked pretty well. They have awesome customer service too.