Looking to buy and FZ6R: 2013 or 2011 for $1,000 less?

Which bike should I purchase (NZ prices)?

• Total voters

latony007

UPDATE: I bought one yesterday!!!! Found a brand new 2011 model in the reddy-orange/black at a great price. Just have to wait a week for delivery now... I think it's gunna be the longest 7 days of my life lol
Congrats!!! You will love the FZ6R a great all around bike. You found A new 2011? eesh i hope you got a super steal on it. if your going to be 2 up riding i suggest your first mod is a new seat. Your G/F will not be in the mood for any fun when you get home if she is on the stock seat :)
actually neitehr will you lol
do a thread search for dirt road custom to check out my seats and others.

vlad2277

UPDATE: I bought one yesterday!!!! Found a brand new 2011 model in the reddy-orange/black at a great price. Just have to wait a week for delivery now... I think it's gunna be the longest 7 days of my life lol
Congrats! Way to go! Enjoy as I do!

ajs310

Thanks! Only a few more days to wait now :)

I don't actually mind a hard seat but will see how I feel after 400 odd km's. The Mrs will definitely be wanting a soft seat though. Looking forward to doing a few tours together.

And yep, got it at an amazing price. Like 2/3 of the price of a brand new 2014 and still zero km's on the clock (and of course we know that the 2014 and the 2011 is really the same bike!). Hadn't been registered so plate says it's a 2014 :)

Last edited:

latony007

very cool, aside from the passenger grab bar i dont think there has been any changes to this bike since its release in 09 so they are all the same, except color of course. Let us know how your first ride went (and what you think of the seat after about 2 hours on it :)

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Congrats on the Copper!

Dont listen to soft-butt LaTony, he is spoilt by his plush saddled Harley:p
Develop iron-butt & you will be thankful for it!

The rear shock is easy to adjust for 2up rides using the supplied tool (tool bag should be under the pillion seat).
I am about 75kg & found the #5 setting best for normal riding.
#6 for touring, canyons/ hills & track days
#7 for 2up (my wife is around 50kg)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

ajs310

The rear shock is easy to adjust for 2up rides using the supplied tool (tool bag should be under the pillion seat).

Thanks for the tips! Pretty sure mine's on the default #3 setting so could perhaps soften it up a bit as I'm only 80 kg. Bike is still on break in period though so not pushing it hard enough to really notice the difference :)

Last edited:

latony007

Congrats on the Copper!

Dont listen to soft-butt LaTony, he is spoilt by his plush saddled Harley:p
Develop iron-butt & you will be thankful for it!

LMAO, its not a harley :catfight: its a suzuki but it does have the big cushy mustang seat on it :)

im telling you guys the 200 i spent on having my seats redone by Eddie was the best mod i have done.

ajs310

Rode 150 km non stop last Sunday... Ain't gunna lie, my *** was pretty sore after that haha. Was like that when I first got my other bike though... Just gunna have to ride it more to develop iron butt!