Looking to buy and FZ6R: 2013 or 2011 for $1,000 less?

Which bike should I purchase (NZ prices)?

• Total voters

ajs310

Hi, I'm new to these forums so please forgive me if I am breaking any rules here.

I have had my eye on a FZ6R over the last month which I have absolutely fallen for. I have just decided I WILL buy one, I'm just not sure which one. I'm currently looking at a 2011 model in black and 2013 models (competition white or team racing blue). 2011 model is about $1,000 cheaper but still <1,000 km.

My question: What is the difference between the 2011 and 2013 bikes? Am I better to pay the extra and get the 2013 model?

Thanks!

EDIT: To be clear, the 2011 bike is still brand new. They just say "<1,000 km" to account for test riding etc

Last edited:
Thanks! Forgive my ignorance but does 'Raven' refer to the colour scheme? I have heard people refer to the 2013 White bike as a 'Raven'

Chase down the guy ('Chasingsquid') with 2009 Raven with only 900miles & plenty of goodies for only $5k!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Far out, the FZ6R's are so much more expensive here in NZ :( I am looking at $13.5k NZD (~$11.5k USD) for a 2013 and $12.5k NZD (~$10.5k USD) for a 2011 :(

Far out, the FZ6R's are so much more expensive here in NZ :( I am looking at $13.5k NZD (~$11.5k USD) for a 2013 and $12.5k NZD (~$10.5k USD) for a 2011 :(

Dont stress the Aussie prices arent much better, my XJ6S was $10,500 out the door in January 2011

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

I went brand new mainly cause the used ones I found had around 5,000 miles on them and were only about a grand cheaper and would have needed tires. That makes it more like a $500 difference. A thousand miles is no problem though. You know you wanna go Raven :)

What are you talking about "raven". Yours is "papaya" :D

But back to topic! :)

Can anyone confirm whether there are any differences between the 2013 and 2011? Thanks

Sorry aj didnt realise in your first post you were a kiwi,
but to confirm Blackbird had it covered in the first response -only the rear grab rail & paint differs

I don't know... Yamaha racing blue is where it's at man... It reminds me of Rossi's 2013 paint scheme, that's why I went with that color way over the white

I don't know... Yamaha racing blue is where it's at man... It reminds me of Rossi's 2013 paint scheme, that's why I went with that color way over the white

I originally wanted blue but have since decided that I might get sick of it. Yes it looks cool now while the R1 is in same colours as is Rossi's etc but that will all change next year...

id go with the blue its more visible, especially at night. As for the 1000 difference between new and used If you are paying cash I might consider the used, if your financing it get the new for sure. usually better interest rate and it winds up like 10$ extra on your payment. Nothing like a new bike or car no one has ever had before.

id go with the blue its more visible, especially at night. As for the 1000 difference between new and used If you are paying cash I might consider the used, if your financing it get the new for sure. usually better interest rate and it winds up like 10$ extra on your payment. Nothing like a new bike or car no one has ever had before.

Thanks. I will be paying cash. The 2011 is actually new as well. They just haven't been able to sell it (so I am hoping I might be able to knock a bit more off the price as they seem pretty desperate to sell)

Back