Lights and mirrors and grips. Oh my!

reaper27

Finally decided to show off my mods.
Replaced the bug eye front indicators with the flush mount Lockhart Phillips Turn Six Signal.

Replaced rear indicators with Speed Metal Diamond LED indicators and license plate light with LED bolt on lights. Also did a custom fender eliminator by taking the original fender and doing some modification to it.

Replaced stock grips with Spider Peak Grips and alien ear mirrors replaced with BikeMaster Feather Tube Mirrors.

All in all a very fun Saturday in the garage. Hope these pictures work.

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 114
  • bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 140
  • bike5.jpg
    bike5.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 112
  • bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 115
Very nice!

Looks great, well done!

:iconbeer:Guys -you should know by now NO MIRRORS are functional

Just keep watching in front & accelerate around those slower than you:D

Very nice reaper! I like the shape of your signals, they blend well with the bike.

Anyone else hesitant to get a super flush mount signal for visibility sake? I'm probably just being paranoid no one will see the signal when head on.

Thank you for the comments! I will now answer some questions I saw.

Mirrors are more functional than the stock, I think, more angle options and easier to adjust on the go. Problem is it's a single bolt to install and that bolt is too large for the stock holes. Solution, remove mounting bracket from the stock mirrors, run the kit bolt through and tap the middle mounting hole a size larger. Bolt it all together.

The front indicators fit well on the faring and bolt on nice and easy. Problem, you lose running lamps and front visibility. Will rewire for both running lamps and indicators probably next weekend. If you all want I will post instructions on how I decide to do it. Will also post pictures soon of what these new lights look like from the front.

Thank you for the comments! I will now answer some questions I saw.

Mirrors are more functional than the stock, I think, more angle options and easier to adjust on the go. Problem is it's a single bolt to install and that bolt is too large for the stock holes. Solution, remove mounting bracket from the stock mirrors, run the kit bolt through and tap the middle mounting hole a size larger. Bolt it all together.

The front indicators fit well on the faring and bolt on nice and easy. Problem, you lose running lamps and front visibility. Will rewire for both running lamps and indicators probably next weekend. If you all want I will post instructions on how I decide to do it. Will also post pictures soon of what these new lights look like from the front.

what mirrors are those?

OOPS, found it in the OP.
BikeMaster Feather Tube Mirrors

Last edited:

Back