LED Question!!!!

DarkWing

So... i'm not sure im still in arizona anymore.... Its been raining two days and two nights so far... like practically non stop. And its freezing! Missing my bike so much. Rain, especially in Florence, is almost non existent. There are 17 prisons around here and so we joke about that scripture in the bible that says it will not rain on the wicked ones. So this is really wack.

I just bought like, almost all my LED's today too, and everything else that I need to make her glow green. (Just need one more set of 8" strips) Aching to go out and take her apart. Question for you all is..... Do any of you have any tips as far as where to zip tie the wires and hide them or anything? Under the tank etc? I looked around for a thread, but couldnt find anything. And JT's vid he did of his lights isnt working for me for whatever reason :( I'll be placing strips up above the front wheel, long 24" strips by the air intake thing on the faring, and another 24" strip down closer to the bottom. I'll place 8" strips inside on the battery box and below on the swing arm. Lastly, two on the rear fender, which i will later move to the back of my FE. I will be using 3m tape to do this as well as Velcro so i can remove my lights should i need to work on my bike. Any tips anyone might have to this installation process is greatly appreciated!!!! :D

FYI! Her name is now officially Melaney. I just call her "Mel". All the Melaney's i've ever known are kinda feisty. . . My girl is no exception.

Also, because i mentioned an FE.......... i remembered that I checked the motodynamics site!!! The rear tail lights are coming back into stock next month like the 12th or 16th!!!! OMG!!!! WOOOOOOO.... prolly shouldnt have said anything cause now you all will buy them out on me! :(

Ravinx

rain hasn't stopped here in PHX either. If your aching that badly to tear her apart, just wheel her into you living room:)

DarkWing

rain hasn't stopped here in PHX either. If your aching that badly to tear her apart, just wheel her into you living room:)
HAHA!!! GENIUS! Only thing is that i live on the second story of my apartment complex... you have no idea how badly i keep wanting to do that though! Nice to hear from a local though! Any sort of bike nights or anything like that up there?

Ravinx

HAHA!!! GENIUS! Only thing is that i live on the second story of my apartment complex... you have no idea how badly i keep wanting to do that though! Nice to hear from a local though! Any sort of bike nights or anything like that up there?
Every Sat at the Pavilions on Indian Bend. Is bike/car night. Can't miss the crowd behind the McD's. Im part of the Az Streetbike Scene FB page. We tend to meet up there and go for a ride after weather depending. They ride way to fast for me though. Would prefer a bike close to mine to cruise with too.

DarkWing

Every Sat at the Pavilions on Indian Bend. Is bike/car night. Can't miss the crowd behind the McD's. Im part of the Az Streetbike Scene FB page. We tend to meet up there and go for a ride after weather depending. They ride way to fast for me though. Would prefer a bike close to mine to cruise with too.
That's awesome. No idea where that is right now... But next Saturday that I have off I'll go check it out! I wouldn't mind cruising with you. Btw I just finished the install on my bike. Started at 0830 this morning and i finished around 1600. Was fun and stressful. But the results are worth it! Not quite dark yet. Will post pics soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7

latony007

That's awesome. No idea where that is right now... But next Saturday that I have off I'll go check it out! I wouldn't mind cruising with you. Btw I just finished the install on my bike. Started at 0830 this morning and i finished around 1600. Was fun and stressful. But the results are worth it! Not quite dark yet. Will post pics soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7
interested to see her all lit up. I put some red ones on mine but sounds like not as much as yours. The front pict are with the signals on, when no signals its just the red.

Attachments

DarkWing

interested to see her all lit up. I put some red ones on mine but sounds like not as much as yours. The front pict are with the signals on, when no signals its just the red.
Haha well here she is.... The pic doesn't do her justice. The green is darker and fuller. The road around me glows green. She's so awesome now!

I also painted her windscreen black which gives her an aggressive look I think. And thanks JT for that idea!

Sent from my Nexus 7

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

mazarbar

Haha well here she is.... The pic doesn't do her justice. The green is darker and fuller. The road around me glows green. She's so awesome now!

I also painted her windscreen black which gives her an aggressive look I think. And thanks JT for that idea!

Sent from my Nexus 7
Where did you put the lights exactly?

latony007

Sent from my Nexus 7
Does look good, although I might have gone with blue lights :)
yours def. seem brighter than my strips to create that glow. And like JT said I just want to be seen. Im one of those guys paranoid about getting hit from behind.

DarkWing

Does look good, although I might have gone with blue lights :)
yours def. seem brighter than my strips to create that glow. And like JT said I just want to be seen. Im one of those guys paranoid about getting hit from behind.
Blue isnt as bright I've noticed. Like you I want to be seen. Blue is barely noticeable compared to my green.

Sent from my Nexus 7

DarkWing

silentwarrior82

Hey Dark. I'm also in phoenix and hit the Pavs most weekends. Look it up. I usually bring my 2010 fz6r there with my buddy who rides a 83 magna. Odd grouping but have me a full time riding buddy (thumbs up). Back to the topic.. The lights look awesome! Hope to see them in person one day. Enjoy the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkWing

Hey Dark. I'm also in phoenix and hit the Pavs most weekends. Look it up. I usually bring my 2010 fz6r there with my buddy who rides a 83 magna. Odd grouping but have me a full time riding buddy (thumbs up). Back to the topic.. The lights look awesome! Hope to see them in person one day. Enjoy the ride

What's the pavs exactly? I'm assuming that you're just meaning pavement. I started early this morning and hit Canyon Lake again. From there just randomly riding. I'm somewhere in Phoenix at some McDonald's haha. No idea where I am. It's fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7

silentwarrior82

It's the longest running car show. Happens every weekend on Saturday just west of the 101 on Indian bend rd next to McDonald's. some pretty cool cars and bikes all in the same spot.

bloodypulp

Won an android controled million color led system at an auction. Will post vid when done. Can't wait

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

latony007

Won an android controled million color led system at an auction. Will post vid when done. Can't wait

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe we can all put our bikes together for some kind of Christmas light parade :)

DarkWing

Maybe we can all put our bikes together for some kind of Christmas light parade :)
haha thats funny. . . i would love to see all kinds of bikes lit up and going through the town, that would be awesome!

I guess i'll have to find that location. Unfortunatly i work graves, so i usually work that night :(