LED Headlight Mod

Midori

Marketing tells us that LED headlamps can be about 275 percent brighter than their halogen counterparts, and they create a more natural-looking light as well. LEDs also require roughly 260 percent less energy to achieve those benefits. I don' t know about all that but what I can say is every bike still sporting a halogen bulb is in dire need of some LED lovin. To quote one amazon reviewer : "Item parfait". Whatever that means.... :|

On the 6R you need to remove quite a bit of plastic to get access (cleanly) to the bulb. I recommend removing both the left and right sides; you'll be frustrated enough with the rubber ring you need to remove that you'll thank me later.

My particular choice was the Sealight H4 headlight (link below)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H29T81L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Prep time: Removing the plastic, 30 min
install time: 1 hour (20 minutes now that I know what i'm doing)
number of knuckles bleeding: 1
Cost: $33 USD
Gotchas: do not PULL on the headlight after you put it in - there's a small cover over the headlight fan and it pops off easily. Once off you have to remove the headlight entirely and carefully put the cover back on - the fan must run cleanly otherwise it will sound terrible and affect the longevity of the LED's.

1590111084654.png

This mod was inspired by FortNine:

Have fun, stay safe.

- Joey

Last edited: