Just brought home a new FZR

CtrlAltDl

Bought a new blue 2009 (NOS) for $6k out the door at Eastside Motorsports in Bellevue, WA.

This is my 5th or 6th bike, and I got about 20 years under my belt.

I find it odd that all the reviews label it a beginner bike, because it doesn't go 190MPH. It sure makes a nice looking and perfect commuter though.

I'm glad to see there is great community of other owners here on the internets.

Last edited:

nashvillenobody

Welcome, and post pics when you get a chance. I too have many years of riding under my belt and like you went with the FZ6R for a nice commuter. 2500 miles later of commuting this summer I don't have a single regret!

CtrlAltDl

I'll have to get some in the sun later.

Here we go (only 1.4 Miles on her):

CtrlAltDl

Ok, time to wear out the search button on the forum. ;-)

Starting the mods list:
First up swap the H4 HID 5K out of my old CBR.
Second is exhaust. It is way too quiet.

Fatwasp

New bike too...

Great forum... nice people...

Just traded in my 2008 FZ1 Fazer for an XJ6 Diversion as we call them here. Got a new job and need more than 100 miles per tank on my daily commute. I was worried about the performance of the 'Divvie' in comparison but have to say that I'm not disappointed. Granted, you have to thrash the motor a bit to get it moving but the light chassis allows for an enjoyable ride and the speed is there if you muller it. The Fazer was fantastic but too much of a luxury as it was far from practical in terms of tyres, fuel, insurance and performance... where can you max out a 150bhp bike these days? To be honest I kept it for vanity and ego...

I've had Givi top box and panniers fitted, heated grips and touring screen. The dealer couldn't get a 2009 bike in graphite so gave me a 2010 model with abs for the same price... 4 year warranty, three years free servicing, GAP insurance and 0% finance for five years... all for under £6k... happy days. At £80 per year fully comp insurance this thing will pay for itself. Thanks George White, Swindon.

Rookasaki

Congrats on the FZ6R...
I to don't understand why they call the 6R a beginner bike.
0-60 3.8 sec
Top speed 130+
Doesn't sound like a beginner bike to me. Enjoy the bike. :)

Detrich

congrats and welcome to our friendly abode :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

I've been riding street bikes for about 20 years and dirt bikes for almost 30 years.

My old 88 CBR 600 actually had a little more power, which I kind of wish I got a bike with more power that the FZ6R. At the same time I didn't want an R6 or R1 simply because I don't trust myself with that much power. ;-)

I've always liked the look of sports bikes, but they are not very comfortable to ride for long distances. That is why the FZ6R appealed to me. It's got a great look, but is actually comfortable to ride, and doesn't have a ridiculous amount of unnecessary power.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

creggur

It is great all-arounder. Sporty looks, plenty of pep, but tame enough to be an every day ride. My wife loves hers (since we lowered it - 5'1" and all) and it's her second bike. The venerable Ninja 250 (a true beginner bike) was her first.

There is no reason she (or anyone else) would practically NEED more bike...

Congrats on the new ride...Enjoy!

Insure Gal

Welome to the forum, have fun!

lmacasiljig

Yep congrats on the new bike. Keep it roaring...!

WANDERER

Bought a new blue 2009 (NOS) for $6k out the door at Eastside Motorsports in Bellevue, WA.

This is my 5th or 6th bike, and I got about 20 years under my belt.

I find it odd that all the reviews label it a beginner bike, because it doesn't go 190MPH. It sure makes a nice looking and perfect commuter though.

I'm glad to see there is great community of other owners here on the internets.

i've been trying to get one too, but the lowest I've seen was $6,404.00 OTD for a 2009 Black FZ6R....and he won't budge a dollar....
'went to a kawasaki dealer in Sacramento for a 2009 650R and it was even more, $6,900 OTD.
I guess i won't be riding soon....riding season is almost over for 2010 & I'm trying to get a 2009, c'mon....what's the deal here? $126.58/mos. for 60 months? I think this is still too much..

CDN6R

I really understand your frustration. However the 2009's are dissapearing so you may have to swallow your pride and get one while you can at a price that may be more than you are willing to pay at this moment. I am sure that dealers selling the bikes under $5000 are losing money on them and that is not good business. The longer thay have them in stock the more thay pay in interest fees and some hope that they will recoupe their investment plus interest. AFAIK,,2010 do have some discounts but maybe not as much as a 2009. Keep looking,you may find just the right deal for you.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

I got Yamaha financing so that does include the $750 cash back (used towards price).