Just Bought an FZ6R

XTRAWLD

Hi Everyone,

I'm a member on the sister site FZ6 forum. For a couple of months I've been researching about the FZ6, truly set on getting one.

I ended up going out last night to purchase a MINT 2009 FZ6R. I'm actually relieved to purchase the R because it is a little more tame than the FZ6's and should handle better and perform better based on the touring I would like to do with it.

Thought I'd just express my excitement on my new purchase. :thumbup:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CBanks2343

Welcome to the site!!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

NoDoze

Congratulations! Enjoy your new ride!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats and Welcome!

Sage

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike!

XTRAWLD

THANK YOU THANK YOU :cheer:

I do have a couple questions, since I did my research on the FZ6 and not all of it on the FZ6R....

Do these bikes have a helmet lock anywhere?
Has anyone tried to "paint" their red shock (preferably while it's still on the bike because we don't have a tool to compress the spring to remove it)?

Those are the only two I can think of for now, I'll be searching diligently as I have more time to research.

Last edited:

24KMACH

THANK YOU THANK YOU :cheer:

I do have a couple questions, since I did my research on the FZ6 and not all of it on the FZ6R....

Do these bikes have a helmet lock anywhere?
Has anyone tried to "paint" their red shock (preferably while it's still on the bike because we don't have a tool to compress the spring to remove it)?

Those are the only two I can think of for now, I'll be searching diligently as I have more time to research.
The helmet lock is under the seat. The cable for it is in the tool kit.

Detrich

congrats and welcome to our humble abode! :)

post some pix

XTRAWLD

congrats and welcome to our humble abode! :)

post some pix
The bike isn't home yet. :D When it is I will!

Oh heck, here is the first one taken yesterday....

Last edited:

sammy56

So fresh...congrats.

KenS

Yes, the folks here are very friendly and helpful. Stirring the pot a little though (me that is), I read some of the discussions on the FZ6 site and the majority of the members there really bash our bike (R). You would think they'd be more mature, but instead they act like a bunch of youngsters hanging out at a bike night comparing LEDs and motoGP specs of their liter bikes. I've ridden both bikes and I can tell you now this FZ6R is way more than capable of doing everything you want it to, except win a flat out straight run race against a supersport. Definitely way more than haters say it's capable of :) Check out the thread about the comparison between our two bikes and you'll see what I'm talking about.

As for this site, again folks are friendly and helpful and have been a big help to me as I tweak here and there on my FZ6R. Welcome!