Issues after installing +1 front sprocket

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

I think you should take your clutch lever and try sticking it in your bum and see if that helps. .... Sorry had to do it man! Yeah i dont know?

Hello my real name is Adam.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:
Have you checked the linkage in the clutch lever itself? Often times providing slack in the cable will cause the linkage at the lever to be off in essence making your cable slightly shorter.

Here's what mine looks like, I believe you have it installed correctly.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Michael Wilson

You said you removed the SHIFT linkage not the clutch linkage right? If so the shift linkage doesn't affect your clutch. Sounds to me like you just need to adjust your clutch.

Chucker

I don't get how messing with your shifter linkage could affect the clutch play? I could see it causing trouble with shifting, but the point at which the clutch engages is unrelated to the shifter position or even whether or not the bike is all the way in or out of gear.

I'm stumped if you didn't do anything with your clutch cable or push lever positioning.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Please go into further detail on this as it might be my issue. By linkage at the lever, do you mean where the end of the cable fits into the lever's notch?
That's exactly what I mean...and for Godsake, it would NOT be your tire pressure...LOL

Odd? So there 3 bolts on the cover and 2 on the bracket that hold the linkage. And they are all tight and in the right position. Have you check you tire PSI?
What of the muffler bearings, perhaps those need lube...

Michael Wilson

I'm confused why exactly you removed the clutch linkage to change your sprocket? But anyways.... if you didn't take the bracket off then its just an adjustment issue. How many miles on the bike?

Y

yellowfz

Manual shows that you should push on push lever and should get hard when arrow lines up with mark, if not you have to adjust from clutch side by adjusting clutch push rod.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member