Instructions on how to Derestrict your FZ6R (10 Steps )

VRIIClubby

Now just have to purchase a restricted throttle plate to pass inspections :L
what inspections do you see yourself coming across? The only one I can envisage is if Mr Plod pulls you over, and then you better be bloody quick to get it in there ;)

So his current model on his website fits the 13 model too? I read a thread somewhere that they were changed slightly
What you mean?
What he means is the 2013 model had an "increase" in some 40% to its power output in LAMS mode.
So what that means is the throttle stop gave you a little more throttle to bring it closer to the 150kw/tonne limit of the LAMS laws.

The non limited plate from res-art (which you don't really need) is the same from 09-14 as it is removing the limit, so it is irrelevant so to speak of the lams increase in 2013, it just gives you full throttle. :)

Malicioso

I swear this man speaks the truth ^^^

On another note, I don't see why would you want to de-restrict your bike so soon, I've been riding mine for over 4 months and think it's quick enough for a Learner, even my older brother who rides a Suzuki GSX 1400, he's ridden it and believes it may probably be the quickest LAMS bike available on the Aus market atm.

I'f you're stubborn enough about de-restricting it, then may I suggest doing the solenoid mod as per the YouTube Vid, so that in the event you get pulled over, all you need to do is remember to click the switch and you're set! Stuff this whole changing plates stuff, IMO waste of money which could go to something else....

adamo3957

I swear this man speaks the truth ^^^

On another note, I don't see why would you want to de-restrict your bike so soon, I've been riding mine for over 4 months and think it's quick enough for a Learner, even my older brother who rides a Suzuki GSX 1400, he's ridden it and believes it may probably be the quickest LAMS bike available on the Aus market atm.

I'f you're stubborn enough about de-restricting it, then may I suggest doing the solenoid mod as per the YouTube Vid, so that in the event you get pulled over, all you need to do is remember to click the switch and you're set! Stuff this whole changing plates stuff, IMO waste of money which could go to something else....
You don't understand why everyone jumps to de-restricting it? Well you've got people like myself. 6 years ago I used to race in a super-sport racing series, and due to license complications I have to start from scratch.

As for quickest LAMS no, not really... just sounds faster by being one of the few I4s.

As for cutting the plate... You need to make sure where you cut it the butterflies are at maximum opening, and not over extended...

Malicioso

De-Restricting it while on your L's or P's is what I meant, if you happened to be someone who's already on their Full license then of course you'd remove the restriction, that's basically the very reason why I bought mine so once the time comes I can just de-restrict it.

Ok what would be a quicker LAMS approved bike in 600cc form?

Over extended???? I'm sure there would be a throttle stop on the intake or throttle mechanism on the handlebar, apart from the restriction tab that everyone cuts off. Yamaha would be stupid not to have designed it in such a way...

adamo3957

De-Restricting it while on your L's or P's is what I meant, if you happened to be someone who's already on their Full license then of course you'd remove the restriction, that's basically the very reason why I bought mine so once the time comes I can just de-restrict it.
I'm not on my full license, I'm required to stay on restricted motorcycles for a year, UK Race license (not road license) isn't transferable to aus which means starting from step one

Ok what would be a quicker LAMS approved bike in 600cc form?
define quicker, it's all relative, an ER6N is faster restricted in terms of it's acceleration, it has more torque in the low end and made less power = less of a restriction, the gladius with the ride by wire is full power up to 7 thousand rpm...

Over extended???? I'm sure there would be a throttle stop on the intake or throttle mechanism on the handlebar, apart from the restriction tab that everyone cuts off. Yamaha would be stupid not to have designed it in such a way...
Yamaha didn't design a bike with the idea of someone taking a hacksaw to it...

there is no method other than the throttle stop, the bit that most just cut off...

tanoz

was actually referring to issues with fitting the plate. As in the plate mounting or something similar had changed and thus the plated had to be modified a bit before it could be mounted.

VRIIClubby

as I said earlier bud, no it doesn't need to be modded..

Malicioso

I'm not on my full license, I'm required to stay on restricted motorcycles for a year, UK Race license (not road license) isn't transferable to aus which means starting from step one

Ok but that is "your personal situation" which I wasn't even referring to, I'm talking about the majority of riders who already hold a license and are on their restrictions.

define quicker, it's all relative, an ER6N is faster restricted in terms of it's acceleration, it has more torque in the low end and made less power = less of a restriction, the gladius with the ride by wire is full power up to 7 thousand rpm...

^^^ that's what I wanted to know...

Yamaha didn't design a bike with the idea of someone taking a hacksaw to it...

there is no method other than the throttle stop, the bit that most just cut off...

So what about the un-restricted FZ6Rs in the US and other parts of the world??? I't would make more sense to manufacture 20,000 bikes, pull 10,000 off the production line and install the restriction plate thus making it a restricted version. This plate that our bikes have is there for the sole purpose of restricting the throttle and that's it!

Last edited:

VRIIClubby

So what about the un-restricted FZ6Rs in the US and other parts of the world??? I't would make more sense to manufacture 20,000 bikes, pull 10,000 off the production line and install the restriction plate thus making it a restricted version. This plate that our bikes have is there for the sole purpose of restricting the throttle and that's it!
before this turns into a mass shit fight of misunderstanding...:catfight::catfight:

The Unrestricted plate still has a "stop" on it. The only difference is it allows 100% throttle movement unlike our Aussie delivered bikes. :cool:

as for not having the stop on there if you "hack" it off, the butterflies only go past the horizontal by about 3-4 degrees, so about a bee's dick width, for the amount of time you spend on FULL throttle on the ROAD, it means zip, zero, zilch.

adamo3957and we get the fact that you "had" a race licence in the UK, its in a million or so posts. unfortunately (for you) the road is a different beast, and in Australia an Australian race licence isn't transferable to the road like you have insinuated (just the same as the UK I have been lead to believe).

now, back to your corners before your mums come.

tanoz

Just received the resart plate and it does not suit the cables on my 2013. Even with the bottom adjuster wound all the way out and also the adjuster on the handlebar, the cables are loose. The cable mount points are both around 8mm closer to the throttle stem.
Took it off and thought stuff it, it's open now, got the Dremel and cut the OEM throttle limiter.
Went for a ride and holy smokes, it's the engine it should always have been. A great surge of power above 7000rpm now all the way to the limiter. What a hoot.
I will be returning the resart part.
Ok so now where do I get the OEM restrict or if I need one?
He'll, I might just make my own. Too easy.

This was one post I was referring to. Conflicting information within the same thread. Was just looking for clarification lol.

dcBear78

before this turns into a mass shit fight of misunderstanding...:catfight::catfight:

The Unrestricted plate still has a "stop" on it. The only difference is it allows 100% throttle movement unlike our Aussie delivered bikes. :cool:

as for not having the stop on there if you "hack" it off, the butterflies only go past the horizontal by about 3-4 degrees, so about a bee's dick width, for the amount of time you spend on FULL throttle on the ROAD, it means zip, zero, zilch.
Da troof.

Is there anything I can do to a 09 US bike
Yours is not restricted. These bikes are just slow (in comparison to other sports bikes).

If the newer models have a more relaxed restriction this is a good thing. I never understood why they restricted it do much when in unrestricted form it is only a bees dick over LAMS power to weight requirements.

VRIIClubby

This was one post I was referring to. Conflicting information within the same thread. Was just looking for clarification lol.
part number is the same for all bikes 09-14, so that indicate the throttle cable is the same, so whilst it may be harder for some to modify, it's all the same.:)

Bizkut

Do it!

Hey all,

I received the derestrictor from resart today and installed it on my 2013 FZ6R.
It makes a huge difference!
The largest bike I've ridden is my fz6r and I did not expect the amount of extra power that I received from de restricting it, it is amazing!
Few points;
- make sure you have experience on the bike, don't just go get one while your on your RE license, it will be the end of you
- take it easy!
- if you want to save money you can grind the metal but IMO I reckon it's better to keep the original part for resale or incase cops find it and you need to put it back to normal

Cheers for reading hope it helped people out who are looking into doing it!

Ps. My first post on these forums hope it wasn't too messy!

- Bizkut

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

D

Deleted member 15382

- if you want to save money you can grind the metal but IMO I reckon it's better to keep the original part for resale or incase cops find it and you need to put it back to normal
Not wise to grind. If you go too far, throttle closes back on itself. Easier to buy or obtain a throttle plate.

For WOT, the FZ6R has one of the best linear power curves ever. First time I opened it up I was expecting a little more but is very smooth. Still happy :)