I'll sleep on it for few days...

Fizzer6R

wow it's cleaned/detailed very nice, can eat off that engine! looks like the risers/bars aren't stock?...yup the gold rims would seal the deal for me;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Osoreru

The FZ1 is amazing without a doubt. I had an interesting conversation with a dealer about it recently, and he actually said he prefers the handling of the 6R better. To each their own of course, I want to ride a FZ1 one of these days. And a R1...but hey, one can dream.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Deanohh

BrueThru;318402Tres sexy...Sauf pour garde-fue :thumbup:[/quote said:
I had a 09 FZ1 for a while and I think it would be a huge upgrade to the 6R. I had the gray one with the awful colored greenish wheels. The black and gold on "yours" is fabulous looking. I never could get past the ugly green wheels and the giant ugly muffler, but it was a demo with 100 miles on it and super deal at the time. I knocked out the cat, TBR muffler (super loud), PCV, block off plates, flush front blinkers and integrated tail light. Love the stock risers and straight across bars.

The seat gets hot, but power is heat, right? and 2 up is not so good for the passenger. Great smooth power when you want it, but to me it was tiring to ride and hard to ride smoothly..... seemed like it was either power on or power off... maybe I never got used to it, but I only kept it for about 4 months.

Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

KeysRider3

I'm not sure where one can obtain "full coverage" for $250..., unless it's that much every two months. Florida doesn't require insurance for bikes, but the full coverage (bodily injury liability, property damage, comprehensive, collision and road service) current quote for a 62 year old married male, with 46 years of licensed riding experience, no tickets, and no accidents is $1123 / year (GEICO and State Farm), and that was with a multi-bike discount. Dairyland is less expensive, and it's parent company Sentry is AAA rated, but the road service coverage is really limited, and the other two companies' claims services are consistently rated at the top of all insurers. That being said, Marthy, if you really want a liter bike, then the FZ-1 is a great choice, and the price is certainly right. But do you really want to go over to the Dark Side?

Hellgate

Check out Esurance and Safeco. And no I'm not making it up.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

anson650

BUY THAT BIKE!
The 2010 RAVEN FZ1 is one of the most beautiful bikes you can buy, it's hot, it's gut wrenching. Go for it.
Anson

BoneJj

gieco is pretty hight right now i check around every 4-6 months and get quotes all across the board.... i just switched from gieco my coverage was 25,000 50,000, 25,000 with deductibles at $750... i was paying $152.37 a month for my cage.... i switched to nationwide and my current coverage is 50,000 100,000 100,000.... my deductibles are at $250... i have accident forgiveness, minor violation forgiveness, vanishing deductible, total loss and full road side.... for $124 a month..... however the cheapest for bike insurance for me right now is progressive...just asking for random quotes... like for the fz6r it would cost me $62 a month... for full coverage.

you really just have to look around... esurance is still pretty high.....
good info, I'm going to be switching my insurance up this coming week, I've had esurance for years and they have come to suck a big one over the last couple years, they have been raising their rates every 6 months.....

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BoneJj

look around man, its amazing what you can find, and nation wide gives AMA members a discount if they have both car and bike insurance through them :D... however the bike insurance wasnt cheap for me....
How do you become an AMA member, I was thinking about that earlier when I was talking to a friend of mine, he was wanting to do something like that.

As for insurance, I have been talking of switching for the last year or 2 but I have made it a point that next week I am getting new insurance. I'm pretty sick of esurance at this point, I just got my new papers and they raised my rates again. I'm over 30, why the hell am I not seeing a major drop???? WTF???? I have no tickets on my record or anything!!

Retarded ass company....

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm not sure where one can obtain "full coverage" for $250..., unless it's that much every two months. Florida doesn't require insurance for bikes, but the full coverage (bodily injury liability, property damage, comprehensive, collision and road service) current quote for a 62 year old married male, with 46 years of licensed riding experience, no tickets, and no accidents is $1123 / year (GEICO and State Farm), and that was with a multi-bike discount. Dairyland is less expensive, and it's parent company Sentry is AAA rated, but the road service coverage is really limited, and the other two companies' claims services are consistently rated at the top of all insurers. That being said, Marthy, if you really want a liter bike, then the FZ-1 is a great choice, and the price is certainly right. But do you really want to go over to the Dark Side?
I'm with State Farm and only pay about $280 a year for full coverage on my R6... This is in OR, 28 years old and married.