i am back on the saddle with my sexy new girl

bigpish13

What's up guys! After 2 years of not riding and many days and nights of bike research, I finally got a new girl. I ended up with a Honda cbr 500r.
I am very happy with this choice as it is a lot lighter and more maneuverable. It's also rated to having 70 mpg. This I have yet to see.

Soon to be on the auction block will be some of my FZ6r parts :)
I still have my touring puig windscreen, Bike disk lock and 1 inch risers. Will have to research a fair price for them. Will post as soon as i can get pics uploaded.

Attachments

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

RoadTrip

What's up guys! After 2 years of not riding and many days and nights of bike research, I finally got a new girl. I ended up with a Honda cbr 500r.
I am very happy with this choice as it is a lot lighter and more maneuverable. It's also rated to having 70 mpg. This I have yet to see.

Soon to be on the auction block will be some of my FZ6r parts :)
I still have my touring puig windscreen, Bike disk lock and 1 inch risers. Will have to research a fair price for them. Will post as soon as i can get pics uploaded.
That bike seems a little big for you.....:)

BoneJj

The 500r isn't a bad bike at all. nice pick up. I originally wanted the cb1000r but they don't have a full fairing version of the bike...

bigpish13

Thoughts on differences between CBR 500r and Fz6r.
Just my two cents. CBR 's ergos are better for me. yamaha had me stretching forward a bit more. Fz6r has smoother shifting and throttle response as well as more power of course. CBR seems a bit choppier with very short rev range it seems. The CBR is a lot more maneuverable and easier to flick around and to me, a lot more fun. the 100 lb difference is felt pretty well in the windy freeways vs the fz. I have not tested the full braking capacity of the CBR as I am still in it's break in. Will update how well the ABS works. The CBR is rated 70 mpg. will have to determine if this is true and will update this as well. My average was 40-45 mpg in the fz6r.

zcypher

Thoughts on differences between CBR 500r and Fz6r.
Just my two cents. CBR 's ergos are better for me. yamaha had me stretching forward a bit more. Fz6r has smoother shifting and throttle response as well as more power of course. CBR seems a bit choppier with very short rev range it seems. The CBR is a lot more maneuverable and easier to flick around and to me, a lot more fun. the 100 lb difference is felt pretty well in the windy freeways vs the fz. I have not tested the full braking capacity of the CBR as I am still in it's break in. Will update how well the ABS works. The CBR is rated 70 mpg. will have to determine if this is true and will update this as well. My average was 40-45 mpg in the fz6r.
70 vs 45 is pretty sick. it's all about which bike fits you best for your comfort and riding style, better mileage is just icing on the cake! loving my 6r to death so far, but I very much enjoyed all my rides on CBR 250 and 500 in my training!! Really sweet bikes.

bigpish13

Update: miles- 2500.
Average speed 75 mph.
Avg mpg 50-52 mpg.

Abs- awesome stopping power. I tried to do several attempts at full lock up from 60 mph and no wheel lock or skid. Truly works as advertised.

I still miss the power of a 600, but this is just so much fun on the twisties.
Maybe if they ever come back with the Vfr 800 it'll be my upgrade.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

latony007

Doesn't that 500 top out at like 90 or 95 or something? I looked at them but everyone said they were way underpowered. Too close to a 300

bigpish13

The top speed should be around 115 mph. Last time I went that fast was with my FZ6R and I almost took a crap in my pants when I saw a cop car on the other side of the road :eek:. So I am good with the top speed. It does feel a little bit more sluggish when changing lanes if you are going uphill. I am not a particularly aggressive driver, so I am not too concerned either. To me it has adequate power for a daily commuter.

2013 Fz6r satin

The top speed should be around 115 mph. Last time I went that fast was with my FZ6R and I almost took a crap in my pants when I saw a cop car on the other side of the road :eek:. So I am good with the top speed. It does feel a little bit more sluggish when changing lanes if you are going uphill. I am not a particularly aggressive driver, so I am not too concerned either. To me it has adequate power for a daily commuter.
congrats on your new ride...