How's your stock battery holding up?

FitZ6R

Is everyone still running on the OEM battery?

Mine's great, so far (2 years), and it hasn't exactly been pampered. I forgot to use the Battery Tender most of last winter, and the bike started up after a couple months outdoors without a hitch. Occasionally, I leave the key on to after-run the fan. My riding buddy freaks, because he thinks it's going to kill the battery, but there's never been a problem.

Batteries have traditionally been a weak link in motorcycle reliability, but these new valve-regulated, glass-mat, whatever-the-high-tech thingies are looking pretty bulletproof. Or have I just been uncharacteristically lucky?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Still running the original battery. Never had a problem with it. :thumbup:

DocFZ

Still runnin the stock battery. But pampering the hell out of it. Its always plugged into my maintainer. Its one with the "float mode." Constantly off till the voltage drops a bit, then turns itself on, and shuts off at full charge. Love it! $21 bucks at autozone lol.

Sage

I've only had one instance of it being dead but I figured the LED kit pulled juice even when off, so added a full kill switch to the kit. Haven't had a problem since :)

FitZ6R

My dealer has them in a huge jar and they are extremely cheap.
I suspect Deltran gives the pigtails to dealers free, so they can pre-wire the new bikes. Pretty good marketing ploy, if you ask me.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

III PETE

I haven't started it for about 5 weeks. Now it's dead! OEM battery is crap!:banghead::mad:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fizzi6ergal

My stock battery is still going strong after 4 years and 1 month. There has been a couple winters where I have neglected the battery tender. I would put my battery on it for about a week. Leave it off for about 3-4 weeks. Put it back on for a week etc.... When this one dies, I'm planning on going to a balistic dry cell battery.

06330i

Mines 4 years old, and she's still cranking strong. Sits on a battery tender during the winter months and also if she's gonna be sitting for more than a week.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

6R Blackout

My stock battery went dead after not being used for about 2 months. I went ahead and bought a battery tender and my battery has never given me a problem since. Not sure how much longer I have on the:( stock battery my bike is an 09 model

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2