How popular is a FZ6R to a crook ?

will415

Just wondering how popular is a 6r to someone looking to steal a bike? I park mine outside under a carport and it makes me wonder I use a wheel lock but who's to say they cant lift it away. Just a thought.............

CrazyCawi

not very popular. A lot of them were sold...BUT many more r6's, gixxers 600's, ninja zx6r, honda 600rr's were sold...and they want parts to go away fast....

Rookasaki

lol I don't think a crook cares what bike they're taking... As long as there's an opportunity they will take it.

CrazyCawi

but in essence risk is greater of being caught with our bike because of the limited amount of them in use. IMO anyways...

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

0150r

They are stealing just about anything down here in San Diego. My neighbor had his 2012 GSXR750 and a 10ish year old beat up Ninja 900. The ninja was well abused and looked bad, but they took both of them. I do see a lot of older small cruisers (80's and 90's) that people commute in that get left outside, but haven't heard of them getting stolen.

It might have something to do with being close to the border in San Diego though. I wouldn't trust my bike outside overnight.

fz6rwolf

since mine was stolen last summer (wreck and recovered) I'd say some thieves dont even know exactly what they're taking. They popped my ignition right off like a pro. Thankfully after repairs all I have is a scraped up right side, folks probably think I lowsided it but who cares it runs just fine even though I now have 2 keys, one for new ignition and one for gas cap.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

BKP

StarZero81

Elite Member