Hot start problems after fuel controller install

Bruno

Hello everyone, i'm having some problems to start the bike after i installed fuel controllers... First i bought Wiseco FI controller, and the bike had this problem... Now i bought a power commander V and the problem is happening again... When cold, the bike starts immediately everytime, but after i ride it for sometime (Lets say, more than 10 minutes), when the bike gets hot, if i turn off the bike, often i have problems to restart it... When this happens i let it cool for while, resting a couple minutes, then it is good to go again... I have researched on the internet trying to figure out... One thing that i came across was "vapor lock"... Inputs will be appreciated... Hmm, the coolant temparature seems normal:

On heavy traffic: 98ºC (208ºF) to 100ºC (212ºF)
Cruising: Aprox. 90ºC (190ºF)
When i turn off the bike after a strong ride and watch the max temp it goes:
110ºC (230ºC)

abyss1406

seems about right to me

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bruno

Lean it out a bit in the zero throttle column from 1000-1500 rpm. Try -5%

Don't let the ECU cycle through... turn the key and start right away.
Thank you Marthy for always be so helpful... I expected you to comment... You who have played a lot with PCV, has it ever happened to you?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome. If that doesn't work... how old is your battery? Mine wqs getting too old and when hot didn't have enough cranking Amps, I had to bump start it.
+1

My R6 did the same thing when the battery was going out. Hard to start after shutting off. Had to let it sit for a bit. Then it got to just wouldnt start ever. Had to bump start it as well till I got a new batt.

Bruno

Welcome. If that doesn't work... how old is your battery? Mine wqs getting too old and when hot didn't have enough cranking Amps, I had to bump start it.

I bought my bike in may 2011... So It is more than 3 years... It is still the original... I didn't think it could be battery because it only happens when the bike is hot... But thank you guys... I will check the battery...

Bruno

I also thought it could be the spark plugs. I installed iridium plugs short after i bought the bike, it has been 3 years and 34.000KM (20.000 miles)..

But one thing that makes confused is that it happened 2x, when i installed 2 different fuel controllers... I didn't notice anything in the long mean time i used the bike bike without it... Maybe fuel controllers make life harder for the battery? Or the battery is not good enough to handle something else between fuel injectors?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member