Hobbies outside of riding?

cbzdel

Just wondering what everyone else does for fun on here..

Me...

I re-build my 1971 Super Beetle (plan on racing in autocross, just about to finish completely restoring my floor pan and get this beast back together)

Shooting is a new hobby I have gotten into, I am a fan of rim fire for the cheapness, and I own (2) Ruger 22's, and plan on buying a few more!

Camping/Hiking/Backpacking as all hobbies as well, its just hard to talk someone into going with me...

And thats about it, all that seems to take all my spare time...

What do you guys got?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
When I'm not on the bike or at work...

I enjoy shooting as well, and when I get the chance to hunt I do that also. I do a lot of target practice at the range and might one day enter a shooting contest like IDPA. I very much enjoy shooting shotguns and skeet shooting.

I run when I can. I have done several 5k races and I will be doing a triathlon the 31st of this month.

That takes up most my free time, but I try to squeeze in time for remodeling my house all on my own. I have finished the kitchen and will tackle the bathroom next.

WenMark

You mean there is a whole another world outside of riding??? Scary:eek:

xXMotoSniperXx

I had a nightmare-World ran out of gas!

Well, if I am not saving the world on Call Of Duty4...I can be found taking my kids to the pool or park. I cherish my days off cause I have a kinda high risk job. But in the end, I always find my way back to the garage either for the streetbike or dirtbike!!

Semper Fi and Carry on...

fz6rwolf

I once in awhile hike some. I combine riding and hiking, go riding to nowhere but almost every time I do I find some state park, most trails have a pull-off area so will pull over, lock the front tire (like that'll do any good if couple guys with a pick-up ever decide they want it) and go walk trails for hour or two. Other things let's see, this and another MC forum, little online poker once in awhile, soon will be working on house that should close on next month (it's a rehab, big work won't tackle like ALL THE COPPER that's gone and furnace, already have someone for that.

btastarsky

Well, add me to list of riders who also enjoy hunting and shooting. Im looking to get a new deer rifle by october. I'm also an avid gamer (PS3=good times). I just got engaged, so a new hobby is looking at different things that my fiance and I can do for the wedding. Im also a fan of cars. I'm helping my dad restore a 1972 Cutlass Supreme that has a 455 big block from a 68. It should be a scary fast car when done. Ok, who's next?

Verranth

I'd like to learn how to shoot a gun, but havent yet.

So far:
Ball room dancing, Rockband, running, snowboarding, rock climbing, camping.

Havent really got a chance to do the last 3 much this year. :(

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I completed my first triathlon yesterday! :steve:

It was a great time, but I learned a valuable lesson...mountain bikes suck for road racing. :Flip::banghead::spank: I had to fight to keep the darned thing in gear the whole time, and thus my overall time sucked. I would have done really well if I had a bike meant for the road. Guess I need to start looking for a road bike now. Too bad they wouldn't let me use the FZ6R....I already asked. :rolleyes:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Woodworking and remodeling. Also kayaking and PC gaming, especially anything starting with "Call of" and ending in "Duty". :D

I've removed a bedroom and tore out walls to make it a living room. I made the original living room the dining room. I've remodeled the 1st floor bath and now I am finishing a build of new MBR closets with built-in solid wood drawers and an oak linen cabinet above the drawers. I just finished putting the last two drawers together last night and will be installing them on ball-bearing slides soon. :D

Two years ago, I build a 95% composite deck. No maintenance! Pressure wash it each spring and it is good as new!

JonKerr

Elite Member

bsoder

I completed my first triathlon yesterday! :steve:
Congrats 99! I'm shooting for one of those next year.

This is the year of the marathon for me. Vegas 12/6/09. Next year a triathlon and perhaps a century if I'm feeling ambitious. Other hobbies: video games of any kind and watching 5 year olds playing soccer (according to my daughter).

Stricken

Photography and going to the shooting range are also my hobbies!

Verranth

Woodworking and remodeling. Also kayaking and PC gaming, especially anything starting with "Call of" and ending in "Duty". :D

I've removed a bedroom and tore out walls to make it a living room. I made the original living room the dining room. I've remodeled the 1st floor bath and now I am finishing a build of new MBR closets with built-in solid wood drawers and an oak linen cabinet above the drawers. I just finished putting the last two drawers together last night and will be installing them on ball-bearing slides soon. :D

Two years ago, I build a 95% composite deck. No maintenance! Pressure wash it each spring and it is good as new!
Nice!
Maybe I'll have to hire you and a bunch of mexicans to work on my deck :justkidding:

:rof:

Sigh...I cant even afford the mexicans at the local HDepot :D, how the hell am I going to afford FZ1 :rolleyes:

Tijeras505

I also enjoy shooting, both rifle and handgun. I like to stay up on my skills since I have a concealed carry license and take a gun just about everywhere. I am also into fitness - weight lifting, running and yoga.

I spend quite a bit of time during the Summer working on the house and getting ready for the upcoming Winter - repairs, removing brush/dead trees, exterminating mice, etc.

I hike fairly often, read about a book a week (mostly non-fiction) and do most of the cooking (my wife is a terrible cook!).

Beside that, I really enjoy watching motorcycle road racing (250, supersport and superbike).