Hi, "kinda of" new member

lytehouse

Super Moderator
Hi all, I'm Brenda (aka lytehouse). I joined the FZ6 site in Nov. 2007 and the FZ1 site in June 2010.
Currently, I run the Bike of the Month contests on both sites and I had mentioned to Admin about starting it over here if members wanted it.
So I am volunteering to do that, if you all would like.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

lytehouse

Super Moderator
Sure, if the other Admin's are willing and you can make it happen. The problem with the BOTM here is simple lack of interest. I pushed it pretty hard a year or so ago and then I too lost interest.

It's a shame, because I think the BOTM and the calendar are pretty darn cool ideas. If you have a plan and the ability, and the Admin's are with you? You've got my vote.
You know, I figured that if we can get at least one member to post a picture, all we need is one vote, right?
All I planned on was BOTM, not really wanting to take on getting a calendar together :eek:

lytehouse

Super Moderator
You've got my vote as well. I've got a great picture for October! [emoji1]
Fantastic! But hold onto it for a month or so....gotta get all the ducks in a row first and I was thinking we'd start fresh with January 2015....so the gallery will go up in December (?)

latony007

Im still bitter that i finally won BOTM in July and my picture never made it to the front page and i doubt any calender this year! Having said that i am in lol

lytehouse

Super Moderator
Im still bitter that i finally won BOTM in July and my picture never made it to the front page and i doubt any calender this year! Having said that i am in lol

Bummer, let's see if there's anything we can do about that...... :eek:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

lytehouse

Super Moderator
Welocome to the site!!!!!
Would be great to have another experienced mod here to help us out with the fun stuff!
Thanks dart....besides yours, there are a few names I recognize from the other sites :)

buzzbomb

Elite Member

lytehouse

Super Moderator
You say you can change that? You've said that you admin other site's BOTM, and it works? I've already given you my vote. Please bring it on.
I'm not an Admin, I cannot change the picture myself. And I'll do my best to get it running again.
I was thinking we'd get rolled out fresh in the new year, so the gallery for Jan. 2015 will go up in December...unless I get a lot of feedback asking for otherwise......
Thanks

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Maadi

Hi lytehouse, I'm all for getting the BOTM going again! I also am of the opinion that we could get rid if the Photoshop ban. I don't mind, though, if it's for more than just fz6r's, though. I think the forum is nice because even if people move to other bikes they still want to stick around. We want to keep that wealth of knowledge, and making BOTM bike specific seems like we don't want them here anymore. My 2 cents :)

buzzbomb

Elite Member