Helmets are worn for a reason

Fizzer6R

:mikebike: doh! :banghead:

Michael Wilson

Another reason that helmets should be required in all states for all ages.... You have to wear a seat belt but not a helmet in some states (New Mexico) Like the saying goes, FGFT no exceptions... Please everyone be safe!

TigerGenetics

Another reason that helmets should be required in all states for all ages.... You have to wear a seat belt but not a helmet in some states (New Mexico) Like the saying goes, FGFT no exceptions... Please everyone be safe!
Similar to SC. Seat belts are required but not helmets (over a certain age of course). I know Myrtle Beach (SC tourist trap) has a helmet law inside the city limits, especially since there are major motorcycle rally weeks held there annually and there were always multiple fatalities.

CrazyCawi

I have no sympathy for this guy or anyone protesting. Sorry as cold as it may be its a pathetic choice. My buddy is a cop and his fiance just downed his bike taking a turn...her head bounced off the pavement from the downward momentum(nothing a person can truly control there) and yet even after I said shes lucky she had a helmet on because she
HAD TO" while driving with her permit. When they ride together neither wear any gear but just glasses. Today I went out with him and brought up how foolish it was and how easy they could both be dead...and he didnt care. Hes my best friend, I love the guy, BUT JEESIS thats a STUPID choice especially after a close call.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

TigerGenetics

I believe stupid people should be allowed to not wear helmets or gear.

I'd gladly pay an extra penny or two on the dollar for gas to weed them out.

Leaves more oxygen for the rest of us. :thumbup:
That Darwin guy was pretty smart. Had a good head on his shoulders. I bet he would wear a helmet if he rode a motorcycle to keep himself from getting his namesake's award.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

FZ6R29708

I feel for the person's family, but also appreciated the irony of it. When I took the MSF course, my recollection is that 82% of all helmet impacts occur in the chin area. I cringe when I see people with those helmets that just cover the top of the head. The idea of not wearing a helmet is inconceivable to me. Where I live, South Carolina riders have a helmet strapped to their bikes that they don when the cross into North Carolina.

Dunkirk

I believe stupid people should be allowed to not wear helmets or gear.

I'd gladly pay an extra penny or two on the dollar for gas to weed them out.

Leaves more oxygen for the rest of us. :thumbup:
But these guys have gotta sign their donor cards. If they don't care about their own lives enough, maybe they may care about other's.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
He may have just martyred himself for the opposite side of his protests... :banghead:

I think the whole helmet law debate is ridiculous! In IL, the ABATE group fights for MC rights and warns drivers to be aware of MC'ists, yet they were the same group that fought to repeal the helmet law... :eyebrow::disapprove::eek:

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

TigerGenetics

Why can't we just let people decide for themselves what is best for them.
That isn't a bad idea, however, I wonder how much it costs in taxpayer money when someone dies in an automotive accident. Specifically motorcycles obviously. But when a motorcyclist falls, no helmet, dies, how much is spent to investigate what happened, crews to block off traffic, emergency/medical services, and the clean-up afterwards. Helmet/seat belt laws may be tied to saving money. I am honestly curious about this.

That isn't a bad idea, however, I wonder how much it costs in taxpayer money when someone dies in an automotive accident. Specifically motorcycles obviously. But when a motorcyclist falls, no helmet, dies, how much is spent to investigate what happened, crews to block off traffic, emergency/medical services, and the clean-up afterwards. Helmet/seat belt laws may be tied to saving money. I am honestly curious about this.
That is the cost of freedom.

Detrich

Darwin's theory of natural selection at work...

ak864

Because when someone is in ICU on life support in a vegetative state, it costs everyone's insurance to go up! Really, price of freedom? B.F.S.
I'm all for personal freedom, if the "free" sign a waiver stating that if they suffer a brain injury requiring the great expense of life support.

kevin8198

Elite Member