hate to do it...

fz6rwolf

But since was stolen and dumped last year (everything fixed except right side fairing scratched up) I just don't feel the same about her. I've hardly ridden the bike since then even though nothing mechanically wrong, just doesn't feel the same. My fiance actually gets it and agrees I should trade her in, she likes cruisers but since I ride pretty much exclusively alone I'm thinking of going back to my roots from WAY long ago and getting a smallish dual sport in the 250cc range since I mostly commute in the city and ride back country roads when I ride for pleasure think it would be fun while doing that to pull off road when I see a trail. Really like the FZ6R but the practicality and fun factor of a dual sport really appeals. Thinking the yammy xt250 but going to check out Honda also (the Kawi and Suzi dual sports both have way high seat heights).

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:
S

SkyOrDie

Funny, a DRZ400S is what led me to the FZ6R! I've always had street bikes, except for a 125 Enduro I bought broken and sold right after fixing. The latest was a Vulcan cruiser I put 53,000 miles on. Three years ago I bought the DRZ to retrieve my truck after hang gliding. I got used to the nimbleness and HP:Wt ratio on the Z. The Vulcan felt like a wallowing cow after that, so...

I feel lucky to have both in my stable. The Z is a sturdy steed. It's not light or especially fast, but it's low maintenance and durable. Plenty of mods available to make 'em dangerous. They are tall. I trimmed the seat foam on mine. Lowering links and aftermarket seats are available, too.

-Stan

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

yfz6r

I felt the same way when mine got stolen and dumped. Sold it a couple months later. Not going to mess with a bike until after I get married a year from now.

CrazyCawi

Just my opinion but you got use to a 600 now... going back to a 250 might get you a little bored?
that's such a weird mentality I don't understand. so many people have this mindset.

It is WAAAY more fun to ride a slow bike as fast as she can go, then to ride a fast bike 1/5 of its capability.

I love running the 250 up to near redline and shifting, always staying in the powerband.....It never gets boring. But if all I had was a 250 Id get bored, I have the zx6r when I have go fast desires....like the other day :D 140 comes quick on the speedo lol

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member