Hand is cramping. Help please.

Chuck12

I ride my bike to work which is approximately 57 miles one way. In the slow line on three line I-5 from Salem, Oregon to Portland, Oregon. I shot for a speed of 68 MPH. At 5:30 A.M in the morning some people still get bad at me for going too slow. Some cars are going 80 plus in the fast line. Posted speed is 65 MPH.

After about 30 miles my throttle hand starts getting numb and cramping. It is very hard to keep a steady speed and I am looking for a good speed control system and something to use for my hand will not get numb and cramp up.

Is the Go cruise or Cramp Buster any good? Any suggestions?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

AL72

I ride my bike to work which is approximately 57 miles one way. In the slow line on three line I-5 from Salem, Oregon to Portland, Oregon. I shot for a speed of 68 MPH. At 5:30 A.M in the morning some people still get bad at me for going too slow. Some cars are going 80 plus in the fast line. Posted speed is 65 MPH.

After about 30 miles my throttle hand starts getting numb and cramping. It is very hard to keep a steady speed and I am looking for a good speed control system and something to use for my hand will not get numb and cramp up.

Is the Go cruise or Cramp Buster any good? Any suggestions?
I have the same problem, after reading a lot of reviews I chose the crampbuster, especially for its low price and good performance. but I can't give my opinion because it still has not arrived. (It's in transit from de U.S. to Mexico)

Regards!

Last edited:

lytehouse

Super Moderator
I have had a Cramp Buster on both of my bikes.....it was an inexpensive solution to my hand going numb!
It works well for highway speeds...not so much when you're riding twisties though, obviously, but it can be easily moved out of the way for that kind of riding.

blkbrd

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

iaminsider

The cramp buster is a wonderful thing. I have mild carpal tunnel and I cannot ride long without my hand going numb. The cramp buster took care of that completely.

Chucker

After about 30 miles my throttle hand starts getting numb and cramping.
Maybe it's because of whatever you do with that hand when you're at home.:eek:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

latony007

cramp buster is good but the best ones are the ones built into the grips that dont slide around. However none of those grips i have seen are really sport bike style. Not sure if your running the stock grips but if so a better grip would not hurt either.

NMdesertracer

I know for dirtbikes Yamaha bars give "Yamaha Thumb" do to the degree of which the bars are pulled back. Usually going to a more straighter bar will get rid of your problem.

Last edited:

latony007

when i first got my bike just taking the 30 mile trip home from the dealer my wrists (both) were killing me because i was leaning to far forward and putting all my weight on my wrists. 2 inch bar risers solved all that instantly. The one hand cramping is a little different though when your doing long highway rides and especially arent used to holding the throttle. Here are some of the grips with attached "throttle boss" i was talking about, they have them in 7/8 as well. I have bought 3 sets of these for my other bikes and they are great but like i said not very sport bike looking.

Hand Grips Handlebar 1" with Throttle Boss for Harley Honda Kuryakyn Shadow | eBay

Maadi

Part a) Get a Cramp Buster
Part b) Use your core/back muscles and your knees/balls of your feet to keep your weight OFF your hands.
Part c) enjoy better posture, healthier back and more fun overall on the bike!

RedRider

Relax your grip and change your body position when riding so not as much weight is on your wrist. When I first got my bike, I used to ride with the grip of death and leaning on the bars too much and surely would get cramps especially on my throttle hand. Stay loose when riding really helps and having a good pair or grippy gloves helps with not having to grip the throttle so hard when twisting it.