Had a small accident yesterday

tatty2012

As the title states... I had a small accident yesterday when I was on my trip with a couple of my friends.

It was at about 10mph on this dirt/clay road. The clay was a little wet and just like that, the front tire slid out. My frame slider was bent and my shifter was bent. Minor scratches on my BRAND NEW flush mounts... :( and my crankcase is a little scuffed, nothing major.

My knee is a little sore today, didn't hit the ground that hard, but it is the knee that I already have issues with. I have video of it, but haven't put it together yet, but here is a video of one of my friends POV.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152399881471563&set=p.10152399881471563&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_reply

abyss1406

owwwww, glad your ok though

latony007

Glad your ok, geesh you just got a new fiance yesterday try and be careful out there :)
i never approach sand, dirt, mud, gravel or anything because i am paranoid about exactly what happened to you. We were on a group ride a few weeks ago and guys wanted to stop in this nice spot for pictures and im like no can do, gravel there lol.

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks like you about got ran over too! Glad wasnt worse.

But to me... Looks like a ghost knocked you down. White flash by your back tire right before you go down. :eek: Creeeeeeepy.

Sorry I couldnt be there to see it myself! :D I may have actually ran you over myself as close as I ride to ya sometimes. :cool:

tatty2012

Looks like you about got ran over too! Glad wasnt worse.

But to me... Looks like a ghost knocked you down. White flash by your back tire right before you go down. :eek: Creeeeeeepy.

Sorry I couldnt be there to see it myself! :D I may have actually ran you over myself as close as I ride to ya sometimes. :cool:
Funny that you mention the "flash" by the rear tire! One of our friends asked what happened and we told him it was a gnome!!!! Ran out, pushed me over, then ran off!

Yes, you probably would've hit me!

tatty2012

Glad your ok, geesh you just got a new fiance yesterday try and be careful out there :)
i never approach sand, dirt, mud, gravel or anything because i am paranoid about exactly what happened to you. We were on a group ride a few weeks ago and guys wanted to stop in this nice spot for pictures and im like no can do, gravel there lol.
I got the fiancé the day after I got back from the trip! Like I've said, just glad it happened at slow speed and not on the highway! 300 miles would've been one hell of a tow bill!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

You have got to be happy you were only going slow there,
could have been alot worse with how close your head came to your buddies bike there

Atleast you can learn from silly little accidents like this