Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Proton Flushmounts

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • HotBodies Flushmounts

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

CrazyCawi

YES I DID A SEARCH

Trying to decide weather I want to go with graves flushmounts for the r6...or the protons for the fz6r. They both claim to be the best and the brightest. Ive heard the proton ones in the daytime arent the brightest and I want to be seen when I turn. The graves are exact plug and play as they are designed to clip right into the stock wire harness versus having to snip and saughter wires.

Turb signals are messed up on the bike currently so this is an oportune time to do what I was already going to be doing next week which was replacing the stockers. Whats your guys opinions?

Graves flushmount(r6)

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I wouldn't factor in the plug and play or having to strip wires, as stripping and connecting the wires is at max a 5 minute job. Base your decision off the looks and the brightness you desire.
I covered that in the description of the two

ajskillz13

CC... I'm with you on the plug and play... Some of us would rather have the confidence something is going to work.

Question, though... Are the Graves signals going to work for sure? I found that they are compatible with R1, R6, FZ1, but nothing else. I am assuming that the connections are the same across the Yamaha lineup and the sellers are just failing to see the market for our bikes. I think that's the way I would go if they work. Those and some ZX10R mirrors with the signals on the stalks (Yes, I know these aren't plug and play). mmmmmm :sinister:

fz6r_zer0

I have the proton flushies. They work and look great. I'm not sure about the graves but I know the protons don't need a resistor they seem to be blinking correctly.

Being as you have the cadmium color I'm sure people already see you. I have the black bike so the light is pretty bright considering the background its on.

iSpoolin

Im a Proton fan. I have them on the Daytona and couldn't be happier! I use the "Strobe" effect and it REALLY makes people see you at night, they are PERFECT! and they don't stick out to much at all.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

redprodigy35

I got the Proton's directly from High Tech Speed.
If you order them by chance, ask for Mike Brunton and tell'em Milos sent ya. (He should get a kick outta that.)

I went with the Protons because from the pics I've seen they look the brightest.
Can't say I've seen pics of the Graves tho.
Looking at both, although the difference is minimal, I like the "lines" on the Protons more. Also I might be buggin, but it looks like they squeezed a helluva-lotta L.E.D.'s in that pod. I believe the Protons can also come tinted.

iSpoolin

I got the Proton's directly from High Tech Speed.
If you order them by chance, ask for Mike Brunton and tell'em Milos sent ya. (He should get a kick outta that.)

I went with the Protons because from the pics I've seen they look the brightest.
Can't say I've seen pics of the Graves tho.
Looking at both, although the difference is minimal, I like the "lines" on the Protons more. Also I might be buggin, but it looks like they squeezed a helluva-lotta L.E.D.'s in that pod. I believe the Protons can also come tinted.
Protons are clear only.

Also, TJ at Ridersdiscount will give you the best deal i'm sure. I got my Daytona Protons for 78$ shipped and they are MSRP'd at 99.99

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

ajskillz13

Huh? Plug and play isn't any more reliable than splicing wires...the manufacturer could easily have botched installing the OEM connector. Stripping and splicing a wie is about the easiest thing you can do, and you know you have a solid connection, wire to wire.
Sorry, I misspoke... Confidence in ME getting them hooked up right. :D

redprodigy35

From the Proton website:

Q: What makes your unit better than others?
A: Our flushmounts are the brightest on the market. The unique thermal design allows us to pack more LED's and brighter LED's into the unit, allowing for the ultimate in brightness. The housing is CNC machined from solid acrylic. There are no seams and no moving parts to break. The LEDs of the flushmount are designed to distribute the light front to back which allows the Proton flushmount to be visible from the front and rear angles as well as from a side-view. This, combined with the brightness greatly increases visibility and safety. Of course, our flushmounts also have different effects to choose from for the ultimate in cool and visibility. Weatherproof, impact and scratch resistant, overload and reverse-hookup protected.
Now this might be alot of marketing hype, but that is what they are pushin.

And my bad about my lack of info for the Protons. I could have sworn I saw them tinted, but most likely that is another brand floating around.

CrazyCawi

thanks guys, indy superbikes got protons to me for $70 no shipping as I already have stuff being mailed from me. btw marthy if your reading this our sprockets ship monday :)

CrazyCawi

just call indysuperbikes.com and they will hook u up with the correct set. Ask for dave and tell him Josh with the fz6r sent ya and hell give you a great price!

TokenSSDD

:iconbeer:i have the hotbodies flush mounts. the signals are half the price of the protons. they fit great with the look of our bike. 39 dollars worth every penny
Those look good. How are they holding up? In the pics they look like they don't stick out much so how do they work as far as visibility?