Got naked today...

beefcake morris

Sweet! You got to post a list of parts or a how to. Nice job

bakkenlab

that looks awesome! i would especially like to know how you made those front blinker work?

and how stable is your headlight when your riding? i took off my fairings and front cowling to fix a crack i had in it, and when i went on a 10 min ride the headlight was shaking like crazy....

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

krackerx7

I'll post part numbers and some how to's when I get a chance I have to take off the headlight anyway to clean some things up and with regards to the the turn signals they came with the bike im not sure of the brand but they bolted right into place(same ones from the fairings) and the set up right now didnt really vibrate at all for me but i need to make a new lower bracket but it looks pretty straight foward( I just need to adjust it so the lights not pointing at the ground)

KJV146

This looks awesome!

So this is an Fz1 headlight then? Were you able to use the fz6r mount for it? Are you still running the stock fz6r gauge cluster? Where'd you find this headlight setup? Thanks in advance.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

cavcuz05

Any progress on the parts list?

krackerx7

Its the stock headlight just the FZ1 covers on it, I actually finished all the mounting stuff yesterday, so I need to pull it all apart to finish and paint the brackets, I already started taking pics for you guys so hold on.

Detrich

Wow... Nice!

cavcuz05

Yeah thats def a Euro FZ1

beefcake morris

Any updates on the pictures, part numbers, and how to?

krackerx7

Ok guys here we go, to start with all the parts unless otherwise specified are FZ1 parts(its basically the same headlight) I originally was going to use xj6 parts but when I was back home and tried to order them the cost was going to ridiculous so the guy at the shop recommended FZ1 parts, also it should be a little bit easier for you guys I don’t have the same resources over here in Italy then I would have in the US so everything was basically done with hand tools also please excuse the roughness of the parts but i made it happen with what I had.

First off this is what I started out with
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

So here is pretty much the meat and potatoes of what you need

From there its pretty much figuring out how it goes together(had me scratching my head a few times)

Here shows how i modified the bracket to work with how I mounted it to the bike

now that the headlight unit is put together here comes how I mounted it to the bike.

So first I made these up for the top mount

For the lower mount you can figure out a way with what you can I ghetto rigged the first mount then when to get my bike serviced I picked up the actual mount from a XJ6(they pulled it off a bike in the showroom) but the problem was it was a good inch away from where it was supposed to be so I made a mount up that used shims so I could adjust the headlight

I'll get the parts list up soon(I grabbed it for you guys but I forgot were I put it)

I also thru on a belly pan

krackerx7

Last edited:

Cbye

I did a similar conversion using the FZ8 headlight bracket. But did you use an FZ8 headlight as well? Cause I used the 6R headlight and it doesn't look like the windscreen from the FZ8 will match up. They look l
slightly different. Very nice looking bike!