Got my new bike :D

Karlbee92

Last month, I posted a thread stating that I was putting my bike up for sale in order to purchase a new one.

I've been lazy but seeing as it's a slow Christmas eve day at work I'd thought I'd share with you guys (and girls) some pictures of my new bike.

It's a 2012 Black model and it's completely stock which is a LOT slower than my old one due to the fact that this bike is still restricted and lacks the air filter/exhaust and pcv.

Heres a pic of my old bike:
29fxq4z.png

And here are some pics of my new bike:
o0zbeo.png

This one is of the bike just out of the box :)
14tadyq.png

Last edited:
Why didn't u keep the TBR and PCV

I had the stock exhaust... I sold it because it was easier to sell with the mods already done than to sell it without... I'm not quite sure whether or not I want to get a TB and pcv again I might look into my alternative routes.

so you upgraded for the aesthetics or was something wrong with the other one?

I work for Yamaha and I got a good deal on a newer bike... My old bike had no problems but it had almost 20,000 Kms on the clock and it was almost 3 years old so I thought why not upgrade

If you like modding then maybe you can buy the R6 headers and make your own exhaust. It's much cheaper, but more work. If I had the space to do the work I think I would have gone that route only because it seems a little more fun.

What do I have to do in order to make it fit right?

Is there a specific year R6 that I need to purchase?

Last edited:
I wanna say the range is 03-05. Someone could correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure there's a youtube video out there of a how to for this mod.

I hope they're cheap enough to buy brand new from work because there is barely any motorcycle wreckers around here...

Thanks for that :) I've been looking through everyones threads who have done this method... Looking through international ebay it looks like it will cost between $100-$150 for the r6 headers inc shipping to aus

I'm thinking of getting either a GYTR R6 Exhaust or a Scorpion R6 Exhaust... Both because I get staff discounts on them

I think I may go ahead and order these 99-02 headers... Apparently they also fit and I've found some for about $80 inc shipping

Back