Got it yesterday... rode it tonight..

zig308

Here it is guys... like you've never seen one before ;)

Put 9 miles on this girl tonight. So smooth... and easy to ride even for the newb that I am. I MSF'd around the hood and did some U turn practice in the cul-de-sacs and swerves around the man hole covers. It was too easy...

Then went out to the real road... got up to 39mph in a 35... I was smokin' hot...

Attachments

WenMark

She's a beauty enjoy for many days to come welcome to the family now post your a** off:welcome:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

fz6rwolf

Congrats on the faster blue!!! Enjoy and welcome.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:welcome: and congrats!!

It's a great bike. Will do just about whatever you tell...except make a killer espresso...although I think that is a factory upgrade if I'm not mistaken. :p

Verranth

That looks like my bike's twin. Twins are HOT! :thumbup:

zig308

Well... hot twins are hot.. ;)

I loved riding this thing. Only stalled it when I stopped in front of my house and forgot to put it in neutral before letting go of the handlebars...oops...

The 2001 CBR I rode before was nice, but this FZ6R is so comfortable and easy to ride. Seems almost impossible to stall. Farrrrr superior to my sister's old Buel Blast.

Very easy to balance at stop signs... Just pull up and stop with feet still up on pegs, look both ways and go. Don't even need to put your feet down. Also very easy to control the acceleration. Even being the newb that I am, I don't feel like the bike is going to jump out from under me when I roll on the throttle at all... very smooth.

I just wish the horn was a little farther from the blinker button so that I don't hit the horn when I'm trying to turn off the blinker with my big thumbs.

Very happy with the purchase so far over getting a 200 or 250cc bike. (Though I still want that Honda Ruckus)

Verranth

Well... hot twins are hot.. ;)

I loved riding this thing. Only stalled it when I stopped in front of my house and forgot to put it in neutral before letting go of the handlebars...oops...

The 2001 CBR I rode before was nice, but this FZ6R is so comfortable and easy to ride. Seems almost impossible to stall. Farrrrr superior to my sister's old Buel Blast.

Very easy to balance at stop signs... Just pull up and stop with feet still up on pegs, look both ways and go. Don't even need to put your feet down. Also very easy to control the acceleration. Even being the newb that I am, I don't feel like the bike is going to jump out from under me when I roll on the throttle at all... very smooth.

I just wish the horn was a little farther from the blinker button so that I don't hit the horn when I'm trying to turn off the blinker with my big thumbs.

Very happy with the purchase so far over getting a 200 or 250cc bike. (Though I still want that Honda Ruckus)
Yes, hot twins are hot. Luckily for us, the Fz6r twins are hot =)

by the way, I had the same problem with the horn and turn signals. The first few days I kept honking at people when I wanted to turn (by accident of course). :rof: :rof:

You'll get used to it though, and after a short time, you'll be a pro. :thumbup:

cbzdel

WElcome!!! :thumbup:

adidaskid810

hahah my dads BMW F800ST that I'm used to riding has a button on the left and right handle for each turn signal so the first time i rode, instinct told me to press the left one to turn left....the car infront of me was not very happy... :rof:

Welcome! :welcome:

Allan

Welcome Zig. Being a complete newbie, (never having ridden before), I have managed to stall mine during my nightly practice rides around my neighbourhood. :mad: However, I've not stalled it the last few nights - now have just over 100km's on the bike, and absolutely loving it as well:thumbup:

zig308

Welcome Zig. Being a complete newbie, (never having ridden before), I have managed to stall mine during my nightly practice rides around my neighbourhood. :mad: However, I've not stalled it the last few nights - now have just over 100km's on the bike, and absolutely loving it as well:thumbup:
Thanks Allan,

I think the best thing that helps with stalling is "power walking" your bike. Not sure if you have MSF or something like it where you are... but basically you just let your clutch out partially and sort of "duck walk" your bike across a parking lot to get a feel for where they friction zone is and how far out you can let the clutch before rolling on the throttle just a bit.

A few times back and forth across a parking lot doing this helps out quite a bit. Give it a try and see if that helps... although, it sounds like you are getting the hang of it.

Once you've mastered that, give some slow speed turns a try and figure 8 turns to really master the clutch/throttle control.

OTTF

Welcome to the neighborhood :thumbup: you're really going to enjoy that ride especially once you start getting the hang of it which won't take long with some practice.