nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I'll give that a shot. I'll have my roomie help me out in trying to upgrade the video card. Thanks for the input!!

My old laptop would not run the .MP4 format file. Then when I downloaded VLC player to see it, it was nasty choppy, etc. Video card could not handle it.

So I bought a new computer just so I could see and edit the Gopro haha.

Bring your camera over this weekend too. Want to check that bad boy out.

Per your GoPro 3 Black manual...

System Requirements:

Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later) or Vista

3.2GHz Pentium 4 or faster

Minimum 1GB of system RAM

Video card with minimum 256MB of RAM

Looks like your video card is for sure not up to par. Double check your computer specs to make sure they meet as well before wasting money on a new card and find out the comp does not meet specs either.

tatty2012

Thanks Nismo and Jay.

I will bring it with. I've thought about buying a new computer, because I need one. Then my mom gave this Gateway (which is working better than my laptop) but still isn't up to par with a lot of things. Seems like I might spend more upgrading than just buying a new PC that is all around better...

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks Nismo and Jay.

I will bring it with. I've thought about buying a new computer, because I need one. Then my mom gave this Gateway (which is working better than my laptop) but still isn't up to par with a lot of things. Seems like I might spend more upgrading than just buying a new PC that is all around better...
There are some really decent systems for great prices out there right now.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

BoneJj

Looked at the random footage I got last night when I got home... Don't know if it's my computer or what it could be, but the footage was really choppy and skipping around a bit...

Any ideas? (first time ever owing and messing with a GoPro)
That's a lack in ability of your video card. A simple cheap upgrade to a newer card would fix that. You could get a decent upgrade that would handle HD video without issues in the $80.oo range, very near that and of course the higher you go the better it will be.

If the card has an HDMI out you can pretty much bank it's going to do well with HD video files. I'm not saying that to be a jerk but as a tip for you seeing as you aren't that technologically knowledgeable. You don't have to go crazy in price but remember that the better the card you get now the less you will have to worry about upgrading it later.

Just don't go too nuts..... you can easily spend several hundred on a video card but you would have no real need for that though.

BoneJj

its a pretty decent box for its price. I was actualy heading to best buy to purchase that same model then all my PC guru friends and fam called me and said "Nooooooo DONT DO IT" lol they convinced me to make my own PC I ended up spending more like 1,400 for a monster PC but there after ive made two other PC's for friends one fo them spend 800 for a comperable one my top of the line but cheaper brands the other guy spend like 500 and his box is still better than anything oyu can purchase on the shelf.

another friend took his old box spend 300 for new mother board and GPU and that was a very cheap way to upgrade. Any how much eaiser to buy somthing and plug it in but I like to learn and tinker with shit it was well worth it for me.
I've built my last 2 towers and one of my laptops and a number of other setups for friends. It just saves a ton of money... and you get to pick and choose how good the internals are and where you want to skimp.

Wow people still have desktops. LOL! J/K. I haven't had a desktop in a few years. I prefer higher end laptops. I know you can get or make some killer desktops, but I hate being relegated to one location to use it. I manage a completely wireless network here at home. Six laptops and my in-law's desktop connected via wireless (their house is connected to ours), 2 wireless printers, 4 smart phones, about 3 or so iPods, and a range extender. That's only when our family is here, when friends come over the numbers go up from there. Feels like a full-time job managing the network. Good thing I also work fulltime and go to school fulltime for Information Assurance and Security.
I get what you are saying but when it comes to price comparisons you can easily build a tower to far greater specs than a laptop. I like to use rather large screens so desktops work for me. My current desktop screen is a 21" and later this year I plan on getting a 24" that's better for graphics/photo/video work. I've had the same screen for the last 4-5 years and while it's still a great screen I would like to upgrade to something that is more optically accurate out of the box.

I have my laptop as well for other things but when it comes to the really important stuff my tower is the goto device.

I have a Epson workforce series printer that is completely wireless as well and damn that thing makes my life easy!!! I can even print from my phone...

It all depends on what your needs are and what you are willing to spend for you needs.

24KMACH

Now I feel bad. CycleGear had a sale on the 2's so not thinking a new one was coming out I went for it. I bought all the extras, remote,etc,etc. The Go Pro guys were in our local store and gave me a good number to call when I set it up. This was a good thing as I really needed them. I have a Samsung Nexus so that is working also. I have not used it yet as summer has not arrived.:D It will be interesting to see how your's works. :)

Andy

Hero 3

Picked up the HD HERO3 SILVER @ surdyke motorsports. $299.99

Now I will have proof. Sucidal squirls, hawks, geese, owls, buzzards, and awesome roads I enjoyed last season.

Card in the box says "Before using your hero3 camera a product update is required." Hope i can figure out this thing and come up with some awesome videos this season. First gopro.

The boys bike had a couple mounts already on it. He will show us what a 19 year old punk on a 636 looks like. Momma probably wont want to watch lol.