GoPro Hero3 Black Edition

BoneJj

Sorry man!!!
I'm hoping to get a nice discount through one of the shops near me. They are going to be doing a group by as soon as they can for the blacks and I'm hoping to get in on it as soon as he does it. I know the guy pretty well so he will let me get the hookup for at least one. I doubt 2 though, I will try regardless, I'd like to be able to have 2 view points.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

What exactly constitutes the $100 and $200 dollar difference for the silver and black editions?
check the specs, there is a big difference in the abilities in the camera for grame rate and better low light ability, recording speeds and such.

It all adds up.

I think though that the silver can be accessed by a phone just like the black but I'm not 100%. I believe it's mostly in the details of the frame rates and the improved low light ability.

tatty2012

What exactly constitutes the $100 and $200 dollar difference for the silver and black editions?
check the specs, there is a big difference in the abilities in the camera for grame rate and better low light ability, recording speeds and such.

It all adds up.

I think though that the silver can be accessed by a phone just like the black but I'm not 100%. I believe it's mostly in the details of the frame rates and the improved low light ability.
HERO3 Cameras | More Powerful in Every Way | Most Advanced GoPro

ajskillz13

My Hero 2 crashed when I tried to do the firmware update to run the Wifi Bacpac I got for Christmas. Hoping GoPro will replace it without question. Reeeeaally hoping they only have the 3 to give out!

JSP

Super Moderator
My Hero 2 crashed when I tried to do the firmware update to run the Wifi Bacpac I got for Christmas. Hoping GoPro will replace it without question. Reeeeaally hoping they only have the 3 to give out!

Tons of them crashed with this update. I did not need what the update offered so I am in NO way updating mine haha. It works great as is, so I am not screwing it up with this horrible update. GoPro seems to be taking care of those that crash though.

BoneJj

Tons of them crashed with this update. I did not need what the update offered so I am in NO way updating mine haha. It works great as is, so I am not screwing it up with this horrible update. GoPro seems to be taking care of those that crash though.
yeah, hopefully they will fix taht update pack soon. I wants to get me a 3 in the near future....

BoneJj

Pretty much... :facepalm:
I should get another microSD but I don't really have a need for one. I have a 16GB one in my phone and until I get the cash to order a new gopro I'm not going to worry about it. I still need to worry about my car more right now.

I did however just get a 32GB SD card for my DSLR as they are on sale right now.

Amazon.com: Advanced search - New / Memory Cards

BoneJj

Got a class 10 32gb microSD card at Radio Shack today. On sale for $29.99 from $79.99.

Tested the camera today a bit, but haven't had a chance to look at the footage yet.
nice deal, the Sandisk brand ones are 29.67 on amazon right now. So you got a nice deal man.

It's crazy how cheap memory is getting anymore!

Price should drop out the bottom once they release the UHS-2 standard cards to the market and in the year after they hit the market price will be dropping big time.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member