MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I have an aluminum pole I made... Felt super strong just holding it. Put it on the bike though and that thing flexed like a pool noodle. So bouncy and just totally useless. Need to make some kind of angle support or something.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
If you guys want minimal flexing you need to reinforce the hollow tube with a solid core. As light weight as possible.

What thicknesses are you using for poles?
Mine is a solid (not hollow) aluminum rod. I would say about 3/8" Diameter. About 3 1/2 to 4' long. No flex at all while trying to bend it in my hands, but mount it at the base and it goes all bouncy limp on me.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I was able to pivot my bar very easily and took some fottage that way this morning got to check it out but I couls see it boucing around too much. what I need to d is a tripod version of this than it would be fixed to the bike and no bouncy bouncy pole that way.

That is my issue. I dont want it straight up above me. I want it directly behind me and angled so it looks like the video is from another rider REALLY close to me. :D

Flex = ENEMY. Will figure something out... Eventually.

Edit... Maybe run a piece of wire/rope from the end of the pole and tie the other end down to the passenger bar or foot peg??? Pull it tight so there is no more flex in the pole. That should stop the flex/bouncing. Hmmm....

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member